With a real local of your choice
Just contact your favorite local
So no group tours with strangers
Whether it’s your first time to Montreal or you are back to discover more, a good tour guide can make all the difference. Enjoy the best of what Montreal has to offer, without all the fuss of planning everything by yourself! You can pick your favorite itinerary from the Montreal tours offered by our local guides, but feel free to ask for customizations based on your preferences. We want to help travelers get the most out of their trips, and we believe a good tour with a local guide is the best way to ensure that. There is so much to see and do in Montreal, and the best way to get the most out of your time there is to have a local expert with you. GoWithGuide is committed to delivering unforgettable tour experiences, so let us help you create your next favorite memory.
Ultimately this depends on what exactly you’d like to do. Interested in skiing or snowboarding? Well then a winter (or even autumn) trip between November and February would be best. Prefer warmer temperatures? Well then a spring or summer trip sometime between April and August would be our recommendation.
As noted above, this depends on the season, but if you’re heading to Canada during the colder months it’s important to pack winter clothing. This includes a thick winter coat, gloves, scarf, and thick shoes or winter boots if you own a pair. The more water-proof your shoes are the better as you’ll be trudging through snow and ice quite a bit (and everyone hates wet socks).
Montreal One Day Private Tour - A completely customizable tour through the top attractions and best scenic spots of Montreal Island.
Gastown the origins of Vancouver - Uncover the history of Vancouver, from historic buildings to charming cafes or a relaxing cycle tour through Stanley Park. This tour also takes a delve into the darker side of the city’s early history.
Niagara Day Tour From Toronto by Car - Enjoy the unparalleled vistas of the Niagara Falls with a comfortable private car tour (all inclusive). Pick up and drop off at your preferred location in Toronto.
Summer in the city of Toronto, Weekend Festivals - Sample the cultural street festivals and enjoy the gorgeous summer weather of Toronto. Enjoy live music performances, shopping, and local restaurants with this relaxing tour.
Bear Camp Multi-Adventure - An unforgettable week long adventure through the wilds of British Columbia. This premium tour includes a charter flight, lodging, meals & drinks, and any outdoor equipment you may need. Activities include hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, and much more.
6 Day Canadian Rockies Explorer - Perfect for nature and mountain lovers, this in-depth multi day tour of the Canadian Rockies in Alberta is filled with beautiful natural vistas including canyons, waterfalls, mighty glaciers, and North American fauna and flora.
- 2nd: Canada is the second-largest country in the world by land area.
- 85%: Percentage of the world’s supply of maple syrup produced in Canada.
- Kanata: Canada’s name is derived from an indigenous word meaning ‘village’ in the language of the St. Lawrence Iroquoians.
- Vikings: The first non-indigenous settlers of Canada were Vikings who landed in Newfoundland around 1,000 CE.
- English & French: The country’s two official languages.
- Prepare for the climate appropriately, especially during the winter months
- Smile and maintain eye contact
- Don’t shout, but feel free to wave when greeting someone
- Be polite - everyone appreciates a ‘please’ and ‘thank you’
- Learn a few French phrases if you’re visiting Quebec
- Don’t point at people, especially strangers
- Don’t chew with your mouth open or spit in public
- Don’t discuss religion or politics with locals unless they bring it up
- Don’t litter anywhere, but especially not in parks or nature reserves
- Don’t be surprised if someone holds the door for you, simply accept the polite gesture
1. Stress-free transportation: Figuring out train or bus schedules in a foreign country can be an intimidating experience. A private guide can meet you at your hotel and accompany you all the way to your destination (whether by car or public transport).
2. Customization: Don’t feel like you’re being forced into certain experiences, with a private tour you can customize your itinerary completely.
3. Convenience: By hiring a private guide all the hassle of planning instantly falls by the wayside. Your guide will take care of everything, from where to go, how to get there, which tickets to buy, and more.
4. Safety: International tourists are unfortunately a favorite target of the unscrupulous, from something as simple to overcharging to holiday ruining pickpockets. Traveling alongside a local guide means they can help keep you safe and ensure you don’t get tricked by any tourist trap.