As we all know France is one of the most popular destinations to visit in Europe and planning a trip while immersing yourself in the authentic charming French culture can be difficult, especially if you are a first-timer. We have all stressed about planning the perfect itinerary for our vacation, from deciding which sites to visit, how to make sure you get the most out of your visit hassle-free while engaging with the local culture. Why wouldn't you do it the easy way?
Great news! We have the right solution for you! By hiring a private tour guide you will have the chance to experience France like never before. Our certified local guides will give you first-hand information about the destination, offer you flexible tour options, show you French culture through the locals' eyes, and help you to enjoy your time like never before. In this article, I will also tell you more interesting facts about why you should hire a private tour guide in France! You can find the latest COVID-19 information and useful links at the end of this article.
Before you read any further, please click here to see all of our tours in France!
Dive deeper into the local culture
Here is the deal, at GoWithGuide you can find professional local guides who can offer you a deeper understanding of real authentic France. With the private tour guides, you will be able to get unique information about the destination, explore off-the-beaten paths, and immerse yourself in the local culture. Guides can offer personal suggestions from places to visit, delicious restaurant recommendations to the best places to shop.
Our guides can also help you with cultural differences and language barriers. Touring with a local guide allows you to experience France as authentically as possible and appreciate and understand the local culture in a deeper way while avoiding the big crowds of visitors in popular sights. Do not forget that they will also add a personal touch to your stay!
Get a personalised experience
With the help of our guides, they can offer you all that! Every tour is customizable to your needs, schedule, and preferences, all you have to do is contact one of our guides and they will work with your requests. Let us know your interests and we can your itinerary based on your preferences to make your visit truly unique and memorable.
Here's a time-saver
Honestly, why wouldn't you want to make sure that your time in France is unforgettable!
Enjoy your tour in privacy
A private tour guide means that you do not have to share them with anyone else! Our tours are private which allows them to be more flexible and focused on you and your travel companions. Our guides are to adjust to your needs whether you want to take a break in a trendy café or visit an interesting shop on the way. You can also enjoy interacting one-on-one with your tour guide as they provide you with detailed and interesting information about each location you visit.
Book your private tour here.
Still not convinced?
We offer the best tours that will take you to all of the top spots in France. If you are unsure what to do or what to see, our guides are happy to provide suggestions based on your interests and they are ready to take you to the sites you want to see. Since the guides are locals, they are more passionate to offer you the best of the best their country can offer and give you once-in-a-lifetime experiences!
I hope this article got you interested in hiring a private tour guide for your next visit to France. Below you can find more recommendations of the tours offered by our local guides.
Recommended private tours:
Information about COVID-19 measures in France
The current European entry ban is affecting some people from travelling to the European Union or Schengen area. Certain areas in France are currently under curfew or lockdown, for more information click here. There are different restrictions on who can enter France depending on your departure country, for the latest information click here, and some countries need an exemption to enter France. Some areas in France are under curfew or lockdown, click here for the latest information.
When arriving in France:
- You will need to present the following documents to the transport operator and border control authorities depending on which country your departure:
- Depending on your departure country, self-isolation may be needed, click here for the latest information
- Test for COVID-19 at the end of the isolation period
- You will not be allowed to board without these documents
- In all cases, the usual travel restrictions apply (visas, duration of stay, etc.)
- If you show symptoms of COVID-19 upon arrival in France, you will be quarantined or placed and kept in isolation
- While staying in France, download the TousAntiCovid application
Nationwide recommendations and restrictions:
Please click here for the latest information regarding recommendations and restrictions:
- Lockdown measures are in force in certain parts of France.
- In these areas you may only leave your home for certain reasons and with an exemption certificate
- In areas under lockdown measures, only essential shops and services are open
- In areas under lockdown measures, you may not travel between regions without a pressing reason or professional reason
- There is currently a nightly curfew in force in metropolitan France. Between certain times a person is only permitted to leave their residence for certain reasons and with an exemption certificate
- In other areas, shops (except for large non-food malls) and services, including public libraries, are open but must close at curfew
- In other areas, there are no restrictions on travel within France
- Bars, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, museums, and gyms remain closed
- Public services remain open
- Places of worship may open, including in areas under lockdown measures
- You must wear a mask in all venues
- If you have any symptoms, get tested and then stay home
- Keep a more than 2 meters distance from other people
- Wash your hands and cough into your sleeve or to a tissue
Other useful websites for COVID-19 information in France: