In 1 day we'll travel to different climate zones from 300 meters above sea level in the passes of the Caucasus Mountains 2,200 meters high through Gudauri Ski Resort and the Cross Pass, we'll see historical and cultural monuments such as Ananuri Fortres, 17th century, Gergeti Trinity Church, 14th c. and Zhinvali Dam, we'll enjoy the diversity of nature and landscapes of Georgia and the picturesque beauty of the Caucasus peaks, together with history, culture, traditions and delicious cuisine.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your hotel
The duration before the first stop depends on your hotel location; from Tbilisi Liberty Square it takes approximately 1 hour.
This reservoir is built on the river Aragvi and creates the image of a beautiful natural lake in the mountains. Here you can also shop for souvenirs
Ananuri Castle is a whole complex built in the late feudal era and includes several churches, defensive and combat towers, a secret tunnel and so on, surrounded by a large fortification wall. Here we can have a coffee break.
Famous Gudauri Ski Resort is located at Jvari (Cross) Pass, here we can stop at the panoramic view and enjoy the beauty of the Caucasus. (Optional- you can experience Gudauri Paragliding over the Caucasus Mountains for extra charge)
Stephantsminda is named in the list of 10 most beautiful villages in the world, It is located at 1,750 meters above sea level ( Optional - here you can taste local famous Khinkali, meat dumpling or any other delicious Georgian traditional dish, also well-known Georgian wine or chacha).
Just 20 minutes from Stepantsminda, we'll reach an altitude of 2,200 meters above sea level, where Gergeti Trinity Church is located, which is very interesting not only for its historical and religious significance, but also for its unique geographical location on the top of the mountain. Here you will be amazed by the picturesque beauty of the Caucasus with one of its highest peaks - Kazbegi (5,047 meters above sea level) - one of the highlights of Georgia.
We'll end the tour at Gergeti Church, go down to the village and back to Tbilisi hotel, which takes appr. 3 hours.
At your hotel
Guide fee and hotel pick-up, Churches and Ananuri Castle entrances are free.
Transportation fee ( fuel ), lunch or dinner.
- In case of 4 guests, I can be both, a guide and a driver by my comfortable 4WD Honda CRV Touring, If you are more than 4 persons, in addition to me there will be a driver with more capacity and also a comfortable vehicle.
- You will need comfortable shoes, sunscreen (in the summer) and a hat.
- Please note, that the weather in the mountains is very changeable and even on a hot day you may need a raincoat or a thin jacket.
- You can change, shorten or add anything to this tour based on my recommendations and your wishes, my tours are flexible and there are no restrictions with me. Also, if you wish, we can stay overnight in Stepantsminda, extend the tour for another day, where we will add a hike to Gveleti Waterfall and the beautiful Dariali Valley, which ends at the border with Russia (we can talk about extra costs and changes before or during the tour).
- I also have several-day tours all over Georgia: cultural, gastronomic, wine, eco and entertainment.
My tours are varied, interesting and at the same time fun. The most important thing is to make it different, impressive and memorable for you.