• Gadaladeniya temple built in the 14th century with amazing archeological construtions
• Lankathilaka temple carries blended archeological constructions of both Buddhist and Hindu culture
• Embekka temple is famous for wood carving
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
Pick up from hotels in and around Kandy (9:00)
Journey begins around 9.00 a.m. from the residence in Kandy Firstly visit the Gadeladeniya temple, which was built in the 14th century by the king Wicramabahu III. There is an uncommon pagoda which can only be seen here. The pandol built at the entrance, exists both Buddhist and Hindu cultural carvings separately in two stone pillars of the pandol. You will have to spend nearly 45 minites.
Next stop is Lankathilaka temple which is a mixed cultural combination of both Hindu and Buddhist archeological creation built by king Buwanakabahu.It takes 45 minutes to visit entire the area.
Embekka temple is world famous for its amazing wood carvings. There are more than 500 carving designs which are inequal from one another. Wood carvings unveil the unlashed legendary heritage of well improved aesthetic and artistic history of the 14th century of Sri Lanka. The shrine room and the Hindu temple located separately in the same premises, which shows the religious and ethnic unity of the nation during the era. You need nearly 45 minutes to cover the journey.
Drop off to hotels in and around Kandy (14:00)
Professional English guiding and safe driving by Buddhika
Pick up & drop off hotels in and around Kandy
Transportation in a Comfortable A/C Car
Entrance fee of visiting sites
Fuel and local insurance
Personal nature expenses
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Not suitable for pets
• Tourists are able to include or exclude one or more options from the set tour according to their requirements.
• Please wear clothes to cover from your knees up to shoulders when visiting temples