Starting from the centre of Paris you reach the magnificent Castle of Versailles by train in 40 minutes in company of our guide who will transform the transport in a pleasant foretaste of the Sun King's legendary palace. The Palace of Versailles wouldn't be empty walls with precious pieces of art and furniture for you, but the theatre of more than two centuries of history lasting from 1682 to Bastille Day in 1789. You will visit the king's apartment and his magnificent gardens and fountains.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
Fountain Saint-Michel, Metro Saint Michel Notre-Dame, line 4 or RER B or C
We will meet in front of the Fountain of Saint-Michel in the 6th arrondissement of Paris (Metro station Saint-Michel, line 4, RER B and C). From there we take the train to Versailles. From the station we reach the Castle in five minutes on foot. We enter the Castle with our skip-the-line tickets, visit the main rooms and after have a walk in the park discovering hidden gardens, fountains and the channel with paddle boats and ducks floating on it.
You will discover the incredible history of this palace, the highlights of the building like the Gallery of Mirrors, the wall paintings by Charles Le Brun and the King's and Queen's bedrooms as well as many hidden gems and the best spots in the enormous gardens created by Louis XIV gardener André Le Nôtre.
During the walk in the amazing French park you will see great fountains, hidden private gardens with monuments and artificial caves built on the King's wishes as well as the Grand Canal, a channel created on the model of the Canal Grande in Venice. We will make coming alive the Castle as it was at its golden period in the 18th century, when balls, fireworks and intrigues gave the rhythm to the daily life in the epicentre of French power and government.
The tour will end at the grand channel where in the good season a tour in the paddle boat is possible. You can stay there until the closing of the castle at 5.30PM or the closing of the gardens at 6PM and go back to Paris by train on your own. Otherwise, you can do the ride back to Paris with your guide.
Castle of Versailles
- Guide fee
- For our groups we provide individual earphones to follow easier the explanations and stories told by the guide
Transportation fee (8 EUR per person by train)
Admittance tickets (27 EUR for adults, free under 18 years old and under 26 years old for EU-citizens)
Food and drinks
- The Castle of Versailles is closed on Mondays.
- The guests have to bring 27 EUR for the tickets for admittance at the Castle.
- EU-citizens under 26 and other citizens under 18 enter the Versailles Castle for free. Bring ID-card or passport to prove age! However, the entry for the gardens costs 10 euros for everybody.
- The guests have to bring 8 euros for the train Paris-Versailles and back (both directions).
- We can provide a private minivan with driver on demand for both directions (instead of the train). The price for a minivan including the driver is 60 EUR (72 USD) per hour (six seats for the guests, plus guide and driver).