The Musée d'Orsay contains the world's biggest collection of Impressionist art. Nearly one out of three Impressionist paintings exhibited in museums all over the world are in this building, a beautiful former railway station built for the Universal Exhibition of 1900, transformed in museum in 1986. You will discover a round-up of 19th century art: paintings, sculptures, architecture, furniture, photos and movies. This is also the museum of industrial revolution in 19th century.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
Under the statue of an elephant in front of the main entrance to the museum
We will meet under the statue of an elephant in front of the main entrance to the museum. The guide will hold a yellow sign.
In our experience you will learn about the surprising history of this building, that was previously used as film set for famous movies, as a garage by Nazi Germans and that was finally transformed in Paris' first museum for the art of 19th century: sculpture, architecture, paintings, photographs and furniture.
We will visit and comment the most important pieces of art in the museum from the model of the Statue of Liberty, the most famous sculptures by Auguste Rodin, Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux, Aristide Maillol and many others and of course the paintings created by the impressionist artists Manet, Monet, Degas, Rodin, Latour, Cezanne, Sisley and of course the post-impressionists Van Gogh, Gaugin and Toulouse-Lautrec.
Our tour ends with the famous arts and crafts, also called Art Floral, a completely new style of furnitures that unifies art and handicraft through great artists like Koloman Moser, Franck lloyd Wright, Antoni Gaudì and Victor Horta.
First floor of the museum
- Licensed guide
- Earphones for better hearing quality
- Skip-the-line entrance with no waiting time
- Tickets (About 16 Euros/person)
- On demand, we can purchase the tickets and get refund at the beginning of the tour
- Food and drinks
- You need to buy online tickets at the time slot of our visit for each visitor over 18 years (over 26 years if he is a EU-citizen).
- On request we can buy the tickets for you and get refund at the beginning of the tour.
- The museum is closed on Mondays and guided tours are not allowed on Sundays.
- Face masks are mandatory.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- You can buy a bottle of water beforehand and bring it in the museum.