Flores offers unique woven fabrics for textile lovers. Women not only continue to make traditional clothes on the back of their loom, but also continue to wear them in their daily lives. There is a wide variety of kaleidoscopic designs - each region has a unique & enchanting textile culture, clothing style & motif. We will explore the extraordinary ancestral traditions from the "Bliran Sina" Cultural Arts Studio where textiles are the main form of artistic expression, which still plays a central
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
Asia/Jakarta (UTC +7hs)
Flores-Indonesia-Tribal Hand-Woven Fabrics
Enjoy the most interesting process of making hand-woven fabrics using hand-spun cotton and natural coloring. You will see and learn how the people in "Bliran Sina" Cultural Art Studio preserve their culture as an ancestral heritage that must be passed on to the younger generation.
Flores Tribal woven fabrics still plays a central role in every important stage of their lives, especially in marriage and death. Some residents in Watublapi Village even commented: “without woven cloth, our children cannot get married”.
There are 12 steps in all, starting from separating the cotton from the seeds, continuing to the dyeing process using natural color materials and finally weaving manually until a woven sarong is ready to be used as a dowry which must be handed over from the woman to the male party or to be used in certain traditional ceremonies or sold in the market. And you will also have the opportunity to have direct conversations with the weavers.
Enjoy watching, you will be amazed by the people of this cultural arts studio!
• A package of the traditional hand-woven fabric manufacturing process (cleaning the cotton, separating the seeds, smoothing the cotton, spinning the yarn, forming the motif, dyeing it, and so on until the sheet is ready to use), all together around 14 stages.
• Guide's round trip transportation 4 hours driving to and from the location of making the hand woven fabrics.
• Lunch Guide.
• Guide Fee.
• Your Network Fee.
• Any expenses not mentioned in the price include above.
* Feel free to personalize this offer with Gerard.
* Travel from the Comfort of Your Home.
* The idea of this virtual tour is to give you the opportunity to travel and see other sides of the globe from the comfort of your own home, even though the world is still hit by the corona virus (Covid-19).
* Meeting time will be fixed as per discussion with you, because we need to match the time difference.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, you can contact us by phone or email.
Once you have secured your booking, the start and end points of your tour can be adjusted according to your convenience (eg: at your home, at a hotel, station, or anywhere else you want). We will send the tour link to you after you make the payment.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or reject) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed via email from GoWithGuide.
Prices are charged per group. This means that you make a one-time payment for the whole group and the price will not change if the number of people is less or more.
Some guides accept additional people (more than the specified number) for an additional fee. Please check extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly for clarification.
No! Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, no other tourist group will be together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be an additional charge for that and not by car. The guide will pick you up using public transportation. For more details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. The price depends on which guide you choose.