Ganghwado is an island belong to Incheon Metro, has bunch of historical heritages, and the nearest border where can see the North Korea territoty across the Military Demarcation Line(MDL) over the west sea, just 2km away from the Observatory to the land of N. Korea. The Dolmen site is an Unesco heritage listed in 2000, it will be a very unique experience for you to see the stone tombs which made in bronze era, 3-5000 years ago. The Hanok Anglican Church is another attraction for tourist.
At you hotel (in Seoul)
Hotel pick up and move to Ganghwado Peace Observatory
After passing the security gate run by S. Korea Marine Corps, we reach to the Ganghwado Peace Observatory where is the nearest point we can face to N. Korea. There is a N. Korea territory just 2km away beyond the West sea, and visitors can see N. Koreans working at the rice field, fishing, and even soldiers through telescope on the roof top. Sometimes we can hear the propaganda sound from the North...
Back to 5000 years prehistory, Very unique scenery you have never expected, it is not the StoneHenge in UK, only in Korea peninsula. This Unesco world cultural heritage dolmen site in Korea consist of 3 places like Ganghwa, Gochang, and Hwasun. It is time for us to imagine how prehistorian built its tombs and why ?
Lunch with local foods
Hanok, traditional Korean house. And Ganghwado Hanok church is only one Anglican church built by Anglicans in 1900. Two design concepts by western Vasilica and Korean Hanok are combined into one, it is on the top of small hill like sailing ahead the west sea. Learn about the Hanok architecture and how well they are coupled and harmonized by two different design.Then move down to the Yongheunggung to see the details of the Hanok.
By completion of this tour, back to hotel.
At you hotel (in Seoul)
1. Guide fee
2. Free transportation (car)
3. Free Photos by smartphone
1. Meals and drinks
2. All entrance fees(3 $ a person)
3. Travel insurance
4. Personal expense if required
Mostly walking tour in Seoul city tour, however, we need to use my private van for outside of Seoul, airport pick up and so on, in this case there might be an extra charge for that.
7 people is OK without luggages, , but 5 pax would be better with luggages if you use my van.
1. Handicap, chronical desease person for this tour may have difficulties as there are many stairs.
2. I can cover upto 7 guests with my mini-Van
3. The itinerary is a standard one for everyone, so it can be customized for you upon request.
4. All schedule is subject to change without prior notices upon local situations.
5. Tickets for Observatory is 3$ a person.
6. if time is available, then stop by teh Joyangbangjik cafe.
7. Visitors should have its ID or passport to be inspected by the soldiers on the spot.