Cheorwon in Gangwondo province is a border city including DMZ where was belong to the North Korea before the Korea war ended in 1953, thus visitors can see some of traces of North Korea like Labor party's office building, and the Hantan river is an Unesco Geopark with Columnar joint on both sides and is Skywalk built on the river, while walking the Skywalk you will feel thrilling and be surprising of the stunning view. In Cheorwon there are other attractions like Dopiansa, battle field.
At you hotel (in Seoul)
Hotel pick up and move to Cheorwon
Sundam or Dereuni ticket offcie are the entrance of the skywalk on river, need to buy the ticket there. Walking thru the skywalk on the cliff of the river is the unique and special moment to all visitors. The scenery consist of water, forest and columnar joints.. Approximate 4km trail would not be long and will be finished in a glampse.
Lunch with local foods
1000 years long Buddhist temple built by Silla Kingdom where we can see a seated iron Vairojana Buddha and Korean temple layout.
Cheorwon was a territory of North Korea before the Korean War happened in 1950, So there are several buildings built by N. Korea during its ruling time and many of them are registered as a national heritage by Korean Government.. This Labor Party's office building is one of them we can see it in front, and it is just nearby the DMZ.
Baekmagoji in Korean means a "White-horse battle field" in English, and one of the famous battle fields during the Korean war, it is located inside the DMZ. While the ceasefire agreement underway among parties there was a severe pitched battles to occupy the site against the enemy. S. Korea troops won and got the site finally but there was lots of casualties in both side. Here we can visit and see the war memorial monument and peaceful land inside the DMZ.
return to hotel in Seoul
At you hotel (in Seoul)
1. Guide fee
2. Free transportation (car)
3. Free Photos by smartphone
1. Meals and drinks
2. All entrance fees (10 USD a person)
3. Travel insurance
4. Personal expense if required
Mostly walking tour in Seoul city tour, however, we need to use my private van for outside of Seoul, airport pick up and so on, in this case there might be an extra charge for that.
7 people is OK without luggages, , but 5 pax would be better with luggages if you use my van.
1. The Hantan river course is closed on Tuesday, so it is not available on Tuesday.
2. Handicap, chronical desease/stenophobia person are not allowed for this tour, only adult and good fitness one.
3. I can cover 7 guests with my mini-Van
4. The itinerary is a standard one for everyone, so it can be customized for you upon request.
5. All schedule is subject to change without prior notices upon local situations.
6. Tickets for Hantan river is 10$ a person.