Hyogo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Himeji
English, Japanese (Native)
1 day on average
Hello! I am Seiko, National Licensed Guide since 2007.
I was born and raised in Kurashiki (Okayama pref.), spent my college days in Kyoto, lived in Osaka for more than 15 years and recently moved to a city near Nagano (guiding in Kyoto, Osaka, Nara etc during peak season).
I studied in Wisconsin, USA and worked as a translator/interpreter, market researcher, and executive assistant for global companies for many years where I enjoyed spending a precious time with people from different backgrounds and cultures and broaden my world and horizons.
I myself am a traveler for life, been to more than 30 countries and all the prefectures in Japan, and always excited to help my clients with their planning. I am also a hiker, kayaker, scuba diver, and snowboarder enjoying myself mostly outdoors in every season.
Besides city tours in Osaka and Kyoto, my tours can stretch to introducing local food and drinks, sake/beer brewery visit, visiting less-touristy areas, excursions to enjoy the nature such as walking/hiking tours, baseball games, tours for kids, onsen day-out, and more!
Let's have a fun time and unique experience with me!
Important Notes before booking:
1. Please check availability with me, even for open dates, before booking!
2. Transportation fee, entrance fee, and lunch/dinner for you and guide during the tour are NOT INCLUDED in the guide fee and to be paid at each site. Please bring enough cash to separately pay them during the tour. (Licensed guides get free admission at temples/shrines/castles and most tourist attractions, except for some facilities like aquarium, zoo, amusement parks, etc.)
3. Please let me know IN ADVANCE if anyone in your group has any physical challenge and/or food allergies.
Please note below before booking and contact me first for availability:
1. My schedule on GoWithGuide site is open for the next 3-month only.
2. All my listed tours include hotel pick-up fee and guide fee. Please ask for quote for custom tours.
3. For tours in the peak season, I am currently prioritizing mult-day tour requests (at least two "full-day" tours per group) and accept one-day request between the booked tours etc.
I can guide you in Okayama (including Naoshima and Kurashiki), Hiroshima (Onomichi, Shimanami islands cycling, Miyajima, etc.) and Shikoku (Iya valley etc.) if you pay for my transportation.
The above areas can be visited from Osaka/Kyoto in one or two days.
We had a pretty packed agenda for our day in Osaka and Seiko made it possible for us to enjoy the day without being rushed. She spoke good English, was knowledgeable and friendly, communicated well with our 19-yo children, and was generally fun to be around with. We got a good sense for the historical backdrop as well as a taste of modern life. Great guide - strongly recommended.
We had an amazing time with Seiko San on the evening tour. I would have never visited all the places if it was not for her. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. A fun person with a lot of knowledge.
Thank you Abraham! I especially loved talking to your daughters and appreciate you all showed me interests in different places and foods and gave me many questions! Wish I had more time with you guys! Seiko
A very enthusiastic person with a lot of knowledge. Fun to talk to and able to explain a lot of details.
Thank you Abraham! I had a great time with your family, too. Everything went smoothly and lots of fun thanks to all of you! Seiko
Seiko was so patient, accommodating, and informative during our 2 days in kyoto. My kids loved her and we learned so much about history of kyoto and had great time with her. Thank you Seiko!
Thank you Haena and the whole family for the fun time! I really enjoyed the time with you guys but at the same time wished we had more time to show you more as the kids were giving me really good questions towards the end. Hope the trip was a good opportunity for them to learn different cultures as well. Thanks for choosing me as a guide of your beautiful family! Seiko