7-8 hour quick tour to cover "must-see" sites in Osaka!
After learning a bit about the history of Osaka during Osaka castle visit, you will visit nostalgic street of Shinsekai, Japanese subculture mecca and gadget paradise of Nipponbashi street, gourmand street of Kuromon Market, and Dotonbori street with glittering signs.
At your hotel or JR Osaka station
Osaka castle (Optional: Museum on the main tower @ 600 yen)
Optional: Osaka Museum of Housing & Living @600 yen + 500 yen for kimono experience (closed on Tuesdays)
Shinsekai & Osaka's local lunch
Optional: Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine via Hankai Tram
Nipponbashi (gadget, Japanese pop culture, toys etc.)
Kuromon Market for food stands and local specialties
Dotonbori (street with 3D & glittering signs)
Optional: Umeda Sky Building floating garden @1350 yen (with subway one-day pass discount)
You will enjoy seeing the both historical and urban sides of Osaka during the tour.
While visiting some popular spots mainly in Minami area, you can try Osaka local foods and sweets on the street.
I will also try to show you many "photogenic spots" and hidden streets during the tour.
This tour is particularly good for people with limited time (like cruise ship travelers) and also for your first day of Osaka to get an idea of what the city is like and transportation system so that you can stroll around by yourself after Day 2!
Guide fee, hotel pick-up in Kyoto and Osaka
Transportation fee during the tour, lunch (1000-1500 yen per person),
*both for you and guide
Please note below before booking and contact me first for availability:
1. My schedule on GoWithGuide site is open for the next 3-month only.
2. All my listed tours include hotel pick-up fee and guide fee. Please ask for quote for custom tours.
3. For tours in the peak season, I am currently prioritizing mult-day tour requests (at least two "full-day" tours per group) and accept one-day request between the booked tours etc.
I can guide you in Okayama (including Naoshima and Kurashiki), Hiroshima (Onomichi, Shimanami islands cycling, Miyajima, etc.) and Shikoku (Iya valley etc.) if you pay for my transportation.
The above areas can be visited from Osaka/Kyoto in one or two days.
You will be walking a lot during the tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes and bring an umbrella or poncho in case of rain.
Transportation fee for the day will be 800-1,500 yen per person depending on your itinerary and hotel location. Please bring enough cash for the fare.
Please choose one of the below options (except for those meeting up in Kyoto):
1. River boat from Osaka castle to Dotonbori @1,200 yen (only available on weekends in spring-fall, free for the guide)
2. River boat ride in Dotombori @900 yen - see the Dotonbori street from the boat (may be a long waiting time during the peak season)
3. Umeda Sky Building "Floating Garden" at the end of the tour @1350 yen (with subway pass discount) for the sunset/night view of Osaka
It was selected as one of the "Top 20 Buildings around the World" by Times along with Taji-Mahal and Sagrada Familia.
4. Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine by Hankai Tram - if you are interested in a beautiful local shrine and Osaka's only Tram ride thru suburban areas.
5. Osaka Museum of Housing & Living @600 yen- learn about the city's history of life style and traditional Japanese housing (extra 600 yen for kimono experience)
We had a pretty packed agenda for our day in Osaka and Seiko made it possible for us to enjoy the day without being rushed. She spoke good English, was knowledgeable and friendly, communicated well with our 19-yo children, and was generally fun to be around with. We got a good sense for the historical backdrop as well as a taste of modern life. Great guide - strongly recommended.
We had an amazing time with Seiko San on the evening tour. I would have never visited all the places if it was not for her. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. A fun person with a lot of knowledge.
Thank you Abraham! I especially loved talking to your daughters and appreciate you all showed me interests in different places and foods and gave me many questions! Wish I had more time with you guys! Seiko
A very enthusiastic person with a lot of knowledge. Fun to talk to and able to explain a lot of details.
Thank you Abraham! I had a great time with your family, too. Everything went smoothly and lots of fun thanks to all of you! Seiko
Seiko was so patient, accommodating, and informative during our 2 days in kyoto. My kids loved her and we learned so much about history of kyoto and had great time with her. Thank you Seiko!
Thank you Haena and the whole family for the fun time! I really enjoyed the time with you guys but at the same time wished we had more time to show you more as the kids were giving me really good questions towards the end. Hope the trip was a good opportunity for them to learn different cultures as well. Thanks for choosing me as a guide of your beautiful family! Seiko