We'll visit charming places around Rome in a full day of 8 / 8,30 hours. Starts in Cerveteri with the "City of Dead", largest Etruscan burial site of Italy; deepening the Etruscan culture that gave start to the Roman one.
We scroll 3000 years: Etruscans; Romans; Papacy; nowadays.
Lake Bracciano is the perfect frame to the imposing Castle Orsini-Odescalchi; magnificent, full of works of art and collections.
In Sutri, Roman amphitheater carved in the stone.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your Hotel
The driver of the van and myself to meet you in the lobby of your Hotel. We come and pick you at a flexible hour: 8:30, 9:30 (recommended), 10:30 am. At the end of our full-day excursion , you will be taken back to the Hotel.
"City of dead" because Etruscan believed in life after death and they used to shape the burial sites as if it was a real city where dead could move around. It is over 2700 years old and Caere was the most powerful town of those days , on the Tyrrenean sea.
A fascinating experience to discover some of the many mysteries that flutter around these people.
Included with the e.fee comes also a quick visit to the local museum where we can admire magnificent examples of Etruscan art.
Our lunch together will happen in Ceri ( see photo) if starting time is at 9:30 (at the H.); or on the lake Bracciano if we start at 8:30 or 10:30. The visit to the Castle in Bracciano goes consequently to the starting time.
It is one of the best preserved Castles in Italy, partially still inhabited by the countess Orsini, most of it hosting the Museum.
Has frescoes and paintings of important painters of the Renaissance (Antoniazzo Romano); has an incredible collection of weapons and armors (biggest in Europe); has lots of stories to be recounted.
The place has seen popes, emperors, kings to spend time in it ( Pope Sixstus V was resident for over a year to avoid the pandemic).
The volcanic rock called tufa is the foundation of any structure in this Roman outskirts; but the amphitheater is literally carved in it.
All around, another ancient burial site utilized by the Etruscans and a little church with medieval paintings but that comes from being a Roman temple of Mitraism ( the oldest religion of the Planet, present in Rome during the Emperor ship and after.
This is the drop-off done by your driver.Arrivederci !! Luigi
At your Hotel
My guided service fee, Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Transportation fee; I will provide with my experience, the most convenient offer and best quality available on the market.
- Lunch; it will happen after the visit to the Castle and has to be arranged by me for scheduling instances. Advise for dietetic instances.
- Entrance Fees into 3 different sites: Cerveteri, Bracciano, Sutri.
- The tour can be customized for few or for many participants and the only price that does not change is the one related to your guide.
- There are several extra costs that will have to be on your charge when here:
* entrance fees to: City of Dead (Cerveteri); Castle in Bracciano; Roman anphitheater in Sutri. Total is about € 40 per person.
* Lunch when in Ceri or nearby Bracciano's lake at a restaurant of my choice for I have scheduled time to be respected. An average on a two courses lunch is around € 30
p.p. drinks excluded.
* transportation varies a lot and has to be defined case by case but I will be able to inform you on the price, once we are in contact and are preparing the meeting. An
average price on a van+ driver (five p. me included) is € 60 per h. ; in this case for 4 people ( instead of 7 but... covid restriction!) clients on 9 hour tour it would be : € 540.00