Backstreets in Namba offer lots of great little shops, restaurants and bars for the locals.
I will take you to the area and ask you choose 2-3 spots and restaurants to visit.
You'll start the tour from Nipponbashi (Osaka's sub-cultural mecca) or Doguyasuji (kitchen equipment street including potteries and knives) and end the tour in Dotonbori. Kuromon Market is optional.
Feel free to personalize this offer with Seiko.
guide fee for 3.5- 4 hours, hotel pick-up in Namba and Umeda area
transportation fee for you and guide (to/from your hotel in Osaka area to/from Namba station. About a few hundred yen one way), dinner for you and guide, entrance fee if any
Calendar will be updated for the next few weeks.
*Please contact me first for availability and note below before booking:
1. My schedule on Triplelights site is open for the next 3 month only.
2. Please read through my profile including "Important Notes" at the end before booking.
I can guide you in Okayama (including Naoshima and Kurashiki), Hiroshima (Onomichi, Shimanami islands cycling, Miyajima, etc.) and Shikoku (Iya valley etc.) if you pay for my transportation.
The above areas can be visited from Osaka/Kyoto in one or two days.
1. The tour is 3.5-4 hours depending on where we go. You can choose a few spots and one or two places to eat and drink that can be covered within 3.5- 4 hours.
2. If you'd like to visit Doguyasuji and/or Kuromon market, I recommend starting by 16:30 as most shops there close around 18:00.
3. The cost of food and drink for you and guide is not included in your guide fee. (ex. glass of beer: 300-600 yen, small dish: 300-500 yen, main dish: 500-1,000 yen, takoyaki: 500-700 yen, etc.) Please understand this is not a typical sightseeing tour, rather focus on eating and drinking at a local place in Osaka, frequently referred to as the country's kitchen, which is why the tour rate is set low
4. Please have enough cash to pay at a small restaurant/bar which normally takes cash only.
5. Namba has a variety of restaurants/bars from high-end sushi bars to very reasonable stand-up bars, so I will choose one as per your budget and what kind of food you'd like to eat. It will be helpful if you can tell me your preference in advance.
6. Please note that most small restaurants/bars are not smoke-free especially during dinner/bar time in Japan. read more
Yes, but you can't go into bars and please note that most restaurants are not smoke-free.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from GoWithGuide.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
We have engaged Seiko san for 2 days tour to Osaka and Kyoto. We have had an enjoyable trip where Seiko san was a fantastic guide. She is so knowledgeable and cater to our needs and requirement. She knows all the in and out of Osaka and Kyoto and meetings all our needs in food, tour requirement and timing. One word to summarise - Outstanding!
We love how attentive and accommodating Seiko is. My children adore her for being funny and friendly. Also, she knows her way around. Worth your every penny. We will definitely book her again.
Seiko is an excellent knowledgeable guide with great English skills and attentive, intuitive sense of what we were interested in and spent more time guiding and explaining the historical and cultural significance of them. We had an optional day planned for Nara but learned from her about the islands in the Seto Inland Sea. She noted that we enjoyed the arts and suggested it as another option. A bonus from a professional that really knows the country!
My sister, niece and I spent three amazing days with Seiko. We had so much fun, we wanted to have more days! She is so full of knowledge about Japanese culture, food, history, and art. She navigated us swiftly and effortless around Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka, and showed us many hidden jewels we would have missed if we had been on our own. She is also super sweet, a great conversationalist, and a lot of fun. After Day 1, she already felt like a old family friend. We hope to see her again!!
Thanks Chris, you guys were amazing! I had such a great time in the 3-day tour especially showing different kinds of sake and some of my favorite dishes to the gourmet family:) 3 days were not enough for me to accommodate your kind of people, so please come back and let me show you more! Thanks again! Seiko
Seiko guided us right from the train platform throughout the day to all of major sights of Kyoto. She is incredibly knowledgeable about all the history, culture, and little details of the city. Plus, she provides the personable touch to ensure you enjoy every moment that you will not get from a big tour company! We are so very greatful to her for an amazing day in Kyoto!
Thanks Stephen! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed my tour as you came all the way from Tokyo:) Thank YOU for being so friendly and open that I felt like I was just taking my friends around Kyoto. Sorry about the rush but I hope the tour deserved the travel time and you had a great time in Tokyo and other areas of Japan. Thanks and see you again! Seiko