It’ll be my great pleasure to prepare a customized tour for you based on your specific requests and interests. I’ll also be very flexible about the schedule of the tour day based on your health conditions, weather, etc., so that you can really enjoy the tour.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your hotel or place of your request
About 3-5 sightseeing spots where you would like to visit within about 8 hours
Some candidate sightseeing spots are listed in the description of this tour
At your hotel or place of your request
It'll be my pleasure to help you to make your own tour based on your requests and interests.
You and I will select about 3-5 sightseeing spots where you would like to visit within the tour hours (about 8 hours).
Some candidate sightseeing spots are following (1-4 are most popular spots).
1. Great Buddha (Kotokuin Temple) (known as Kamakura Daibutsu)
2. Hasedera Temple (famous for its statue of Kannnon, the goddess of mercy. also can enjoy a great view of coastal city of Kamakura from observatory.)
3. Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine (Shogun Minamoto Yoritomo made it the core of planned city of Kamakura where the first military government was placed in Japan.)
4. Komachi-dori Street and Wakamiya-oji Street (shopping streets between Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine and Kamaura station. about 15 minutes by walk)
5. Hokokuji Temple (famous for a beautiful bamboo garden. can enjoy a Japanese green tea (maccha) and sweet at the bamboo garden (500 Japanese Yen)
6. Jyomyoji Temple (near Hokokuji Temple, can enjoy a Japanese green tea (maccha) and sweet looking at a rock garden (600 Japanese Yen))
7. Kenchoji Temple (first among the Five Great Zen-temples in Kamakura founded in 1253)
8. Enkakuji Temple (second among the Five Great Zen-temples in Kamakura founded in 1282)
guide fee, hotel pick-up in Tokyo or Yokohama area
Transportation fee (you and guide), lunch, dinner, entrance fee, etc...
(see Q&A corner about the transportation fee and the entrance fee)
It'll take about one hour from Tokyo to Kamakura by JR(Japan Railway) train.
A1. There are many useful web sites. For example, you can get info by input 'kamakura japan' on the Internet.
A2. (As of Jan. 1, 2019)
1) Transportation by trains (JR/subways) from Tokyo/Shibuya/Shinagawa station to Kamakura station (about 60 minutes) : About 1000 Japanese Yen(JY)/one way /Adult.
2) Transportation by local train (Enoden line) from Kamakura station to Hase station (to visit Great Buddha and Hasedera Temple): About 190 Japanese Yen (JY)/one way/Adult.
3) We may Kamakura's local bus, if necessary.
A3. Entrance fee: (as of Jan. 1, 2019)
1. Great Buhhda (Kotokuin Temple): 200 Japanese Yen (JY)
2. Hasedera Temple: 300 JY
3. Hokokuji Temple: 200 JY
4. Jyomyoji Temple: 100 JY
5. Kenchoji Temple: 300 JY
6. Enkakuji Temple: 300 JY
Meeting Shinichiro became a real window to today's Japan. Very good English (lots of job experience in the USA), really great mutual understanding. Thank you, Shinichiro!
Dear Irene, I hope you returned home safely. Thank you very much for your review comments and wonderful time during our tour from Yokohama to Kamakura on October 14. I really enjoyed it and it's precious memory for me. The book 'At Home in Japan' (about today's Japan) by Rebecca Otowa will be delivered to me from Amazon next week. Very best wishes for health and happiness of both of you. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)
Shin was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. It’s clear he loves what he does and does it well. Shin was always prompt and very flexible. He took us to amazing places and always made sure to keep an eye on us so we would never get lost. His historical and cultural knowledge is exceptional. He made all our dinner reservations for us and even gave us maps and addresses in Japanese for the taxi drivers. I can honestly say that we have gained a new friend in Shin and I’m sure we will keep in touch. I can recommend Shin with the highest recommendation possible. If it were possible to give him more than 5 stars I would certainly do so. Anyone having him as a guide would be very fortunate indeed. I’m sure he will make your trip special as he has made ours.
Dear Ted, Thank you for your very good review comments. It was my great pleasure and honor to be your guide to visit Yokohama, Tokyo, Kamakura, and Nikko for past six days. I was very impressed by intimate relationship and partnership of you and your wife. Both of you have been caring for each other very much and paying respects to each other’s opinions and requests. What a wonderful couple you are. I learned a lot from you and would like to try what I learned in my private life. Conversations with you were very enjoyable and precious. I'm glad that you had the memorable and comfortable trip to Japan this time. Very best wishes for health and happiness of both of you and your family members. I’m looking forward to seeing you again some time in the future. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)
We booked Shin to take our family to Kamakura for the day. We could not have had a more friendly, considerate, informative guide. It was a pleasure to spend the day with him.
Dear Russell, Thank you for your review comment. I hope you are enjoying the stay in Japan. It's my great pleasure and honor to be the guide of your family at Kamakura last Sunday. I think the tour of three generation members are lovely and wonderful, and I was very impressed. Please give my best regards to all of your family members including those who couldn't join the tour this time. Very best wishes for your health and happiness. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)
Shinichiro was a great guide. His English was excellent. He accommodated our changes to our itinerary and we enjoyed an excellent day with him.
Dear Paul, Thank you for your excellent review comment. I hope you returned home safely. It's my great pleasure and honor to be the guide for your group on April 21st. I was impressed by very good relations among your group members. Please give my best regards to all of them. Very best wishes for your health and happiness. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro (Shin)