It'll be my pleasure to help you to make your own tour based on your requests and interests. I'll also be able to be very flexible about your tour schedule so that you really enjoy the tour.
At your hotel or place of your request
At your hotel or convienience place for you
It'll be my pleasure to help you to make your own tour based on your requests and interests.
For one-day tour (about 8 hours) , you and I will select about 2-5 sightseeing spots where you would like to visit within the tour hours.
For half-day tour (about 4 hours) , you and I will select about 1-3 sightseeing spots where you would like to visit within the tour hours.
Some candidate sightseeing spots are following:
1. Meiji Jingu (Meiji Jingu Shrine),
2. Imperial Palace Plaza (,and Imperial Palace East Gardens),
3. Asakusa (Sensoji Temple, Kaminarimon (Thunder Gate), Nakamise Shopping Street, etc.),
4. Tokyo SKYTREE Town (Tokyo SKYTREE Tower (634m), and a new downtown-style commercial facility) ,
5. Tokyo Tower (,and Zojoji Temple),
6. Ginza shopping street (, and Kabukiza Theater),
7. Tsukiji Outer Market,
8. Japanese gardens (Hama-Rikyu Gardens, Rokugien Gardens, etc.),
9. Akihabara shopping area,
10. Shibuya (Shibuya Crossing, Scramble Square), Harajyuku, and Omotesando,
12. Edo (present-day Tokyo) Tokyo Museum,
13. Ueno, Ameyoko street , Yanaka downtown area, etc.
14. Tokyo National Museum at Ueno Park, etc.
15. Ukiyoe-museums (Ota Memorial Museum of Art, Hokusai Museum, etc.)
16. Dog Cafe
17. SmallWorlds (a miniature museum at Ariake)
18. teamLab Planets (a museum of tech+artworks at Odaiba)
19. Japanese Culture&Art Experience (Calligraphy, Tea Ceremony, etc.)
Note 1: Edo (present-day Tokyo) Tokyo Museum is now closed for the renovation. (As of Dec. 2022).
guide fee, hotel pick-up in Tokyo 23 wards area,
3. entrance fee (both you and guide)
I can also guide you in Okinawa, Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Nagasaki, Shimane, Hiroshima, Kobe, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Shiga, Kanazawa, Nagoya, Gifu, Nagano, Niigata, etc., if you pay my transportation fee between Tokyo or Yokohama and these places, my hotel fee, and cost of my meals.
A1. Tokyo Metro (subway) and JR(Japan National Railwayｓ) are punctual and very convenient for the transportation in Tokyo area. It'll cost about 600 Yen to 1600 Yen per person if you use 1-Day Open Tickets.
Following is the English web site about several types of 1-Day Open Tickets.
A2. Following is Information of the admission fee as of January 1, 2018:
1. Meiji Jingu (Meiji Shrine) - free,
2. Imperial Palace Plaza (and Imperial Palace East Gardens) - free,
3. Asakusa (Sensoji Temple, Kaminarimon (Thunder Gate), Nakamise Shopping Street) - free,
4. Tokyo SKYTREE Town (Tokyo SKYTREE tower(645m) (Observation deck at 350m: Adult 2,060 Yen, Observation deck at 450m: Adult: Plus 1,030 Yen) ,
5. Tokyo Tower (333m, Main observatory at 150m: Adult 900 Yen, Special observatory at 250m: Adult Plus 700 Yen, Under renewal reconstruction as of January 1, 2018) (and Zojoji Temple- free),
6. Ginza Shopping street (and Kabukiza Theater) - free (, fee of Kabukiza Theater to see one act of Kabuki plays at 4th floor would be 1000 Yen to 2000 Yen (1-2 hours)),
7. Tsukiji Outer Market - free,
8 Japanese gardens (Hama-Rikyu gardens, Rokugien gardens, etc.) - 300 Yen,
9. Akihabara shopping area - free,
10. Shibuya, Harajyuku, and Omotesando - free,
11. Shinjuku - free,
12. Edo (present-day Tokyo) Tokyo Museum - Adult 600 Yen for permanent exhibition (temporarily closed until March 31, 2018),
13. Ueno, Ameyoko street , Yanaka downtown area, etc.- free,
14. Ota Memorial Museum of Art (for Ukiyoe) - Adult 700 Yen for planned exhibitions,
We were a group of 14 who hired Shin for 3 days before and after the Tokyo marathon. Shin delivered exactly what we were looking for with little guidance. We came away with a good understanding of Tokyo, its people, culture, architecture, history and sights. It is tough to find a more kind individual anywhere. Although a very diverse group we all thoroughly enjoyed our tours of the city. Shin was very patient with us. If touring Tokyo you can’t go wrong with Shin.
Dear Hugh, Arigato Gozaimasu！ I hope you and your friends enjoyed Tokyo Marathon 2023 on March 5th and the stay in Japan. It’s my great honor and pleasure to be a guide for your group. It’s also a very exciting experience and memory for me to cheer for you and other runners of your group at Tokyo Marathon 2023. Thank you for wonderful time and please give my best regards to all the members of your group. Sincerely Yours, Shin (Shinichiro Hazeki)
Meeting Shinichiro became a real window to today's Japan. Very good English (lots of job experience in the USA), really great mutual understanding. Thank you, Shinichiro!
Dear Irene, I hope you returned home safely. Thank you very much for your review comments and wonderful time during our tour from Yokohama to Kamakura on October 14. I really enjoyed it and it's precious memory for me. The book 'At Home in Japan' (about today's Japan) by Rebecca Otowa will be delivered to me from Amazon next week. Very best wishes for health and happiness of both of you. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)
Shin was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. It’s clear he loves what he does and does it well. Shin was always prompt and very flexible. He took us to amazing places and always made sure to keep an eye on us so we would never get lost. His historical and cultural knowledge is exceptional. He made all our dinner reservations for us and even gave us maps and addresses in Japanese for the taxi drivers. I can honestly say that we have gained a new friend in Shin and I’m sure we will keep in touch. I can recommend Shin with the highest recommendation possible. If it were possible to give him more than 5 stars I would certainly do so. Anyone having him as a guide would be very fortunate indeed. I’m sure he will make your trip special as he has made ours.
Dear Ted, Thank you for your very good review comments. It was my great pleasure and honor to be your guide to visit Yokohama, Tokyo, Kamakura, and Nikko for past six days. I was very impressed by intimate relationship and partnership of you and your wife. Both of you have been caring for each other very much and paying respects to each other’s opinions and requests. What a wonderful couple you are. I learned a lot from you and would like to try what I learned in my private life. Conversations with you were very enjoyable and precious. I'm glad that you had the memorable and comfortable trip to Japan this time. Very best wishes for health and happiness of both of you and your family members. I’m looking forward to seeing you again some time in the future. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)
We booked Shin to take our family to Kamakura for the day. We could not have had a more friendly, considerate, informative guide. It was a pleasure to spend the day with him.
Dear Russell, Thank you for your review comment. I hope you are enjoying the stay in Japan. It's my great pleasure and honor to be the guide of your family at Kamakura last Sunday. I think the tour of three generation members are lovely and wonderful, and I was very impressed. Please give my best regards to all of your family members including those who couldn't join the tour this time. Very best wishes for your health and happiness. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)