Hakone is very popular place for one day trip from Tokyo. We will take the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Odawara and a mountain train, a ropeway and cruise Lake Ashi by the Pirate ship to enjoy her various scenery. Hakone is famous for hot spring public baths, you can try one if you want. If the weather is fine, you can see the magnificent view of Mt. Fuji from several places.
At your hotel
I will pick you up near the reception.
Taking Shinkansen from Tokyo to Odawara which runs about 250 Km/h (Discount return ticket with 4600 JPY for an adult, you can use JR pass.) It is very impressive to observe other express Shinkansen passing by at Odawara station. If you are staying near Shinjuku station and not interested in taking the Shinkansen, I would recommend the Romance car from Shinjuku station. This express train is not so rapid, but you can save the time to go to Tokyo station.
Taking a train and a bus to Lake Ashi to view Mt. Fuji as early as possible when it is clear (Hakone Free Pass with 4,600 JPY for adult, 1,000 for child under 13. We will take the mountain train in our return trip.)
Hakone Shrine; We will walk to the Hakone Shrine, which was established in 757. You can see the Torii gate for peace on the lake and the sanctuary of the nine headed dragon which used to suffer people.
Lunch; I will take you to my favorite Japanese restaurant where you can eat Tempura, Japanese noodle, Katsudon, etc. (about 2,000 JPY per person).
Cruising Lake Ashi; We will take the popular pirate ship (Included in Hakone Free Pass).
End of the tour
I will offer you a modified plan with necessary trade offs/ additional charge. You can find pictures of these places by clicking (>) in the left window.
At your hotel
1. Memorable Tour; I can show you around the most memorable places in Hakone based on my experience.
2. Easier to Go; I will choose the most efficient and comfortable transportation so you don't have to be bothered by how to visit them efficiently within a day.
3. Flexible Plan; My tour is very flexible with time and places with many options according to your interest.
4. Delicious Foods; Japanese food is very important part of my tour, I will take you to my favorite restaurant for lunch during the tour.
5.Hot spring bath; Hakone is famous for hot spring baths, if you want, I can take you to a nice hotel where you can use a private bath.
hotel pick up
Transportation fee of you and the guide. (about 10,000 JPN/person, including the cruising)
Lunch fee of about 2000 JPN (you and the guide)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Japan has been closed to foreign travelers since March, 2020. This restriction has been eased since October 11th, 2022 but you still need to vaccinated three and more times or have a certificate of COVID-19 negative . Please ask me the availability of the tour before you book it. I was vaccinated four times with the Pfizer one.
Not available on Mondays.
(April. 4th, 2020) Due to the aftermath of Typhoon 19th, the mountain train will be suspended until the end of July in 2020 which is substituted by a bus.
1. View of Mt. Fuji; The possibility of viewing Mt Fuji depends on the season, more than 60% in winter while less than 10% in summer. But there are other interesting places in Hakone such as cruising Lake Ashi and Open Air Museum.
2. Transportations; I usually take public transportations but I can arrange a chartered taxi from Odawara if you want. It will cost about 40,000 JPY per five hours up to 4 persons including me.
3. Congestion of transportations; Hakone will be very crowded during the first week of May (Golden week holidays) and weekend days of November (Autumn color season). But I will choose the most efficient and comfortable way.
4. Suspension of the Ropeway; The ropeway to Owakudani is sometimes closed when the sulfur gas concentration of the area exceeds 0.2ppm or during severe weather conditions. In the case of suspension, I would recommend you to visit the Venetian Glass Museum by a bus.
- The tour guide is not available on Monday.
- Please, send a direct message to the tour guide for confirming the availability before booking
8:30 Hotel pick up
9:30 Depart from Tokyo station with the Shinkansen
10:30 Depart from Odawara to Hakone by a train
12:00 Tour of Gora park with tea ceremony (optional) and lunch
13:30 Take a rope way to Owakudani (Suspended since May 19th, 2019)
15:30 Arrive at Lake Ashi and cruising by the Pirate ship
16:45 Depart from Lake Ashi to Odawara with a bus
18:12 Depart from Odawara with the Shinkansen
18:42 Arrive at Tokyo station
The total cost is about 10,000 JPY per adult.
The Shinkansen return ticket is 4,630 JPY per adult.
You can use JR pass for the Shinkansen but please pay the cost of the guide.
Hakone free pass is 4,600 JPY per adult and 1,000 per child younger than 12 years old.
You may not be allowed to enter.
If your tattoo is small, you can cover it up.
They have a private bath with 4,000 JPY/40min for a family.
Yes, I can pick you up at Hakone if you pay me extra 8,000 JPY during the tour as I live about 3 hours away.
Yes, you can take a chartered taxi from Odawara station.
I will book the taxi if you are within 3 people.
One taxi will cost about 40,000 JPY for 5 hours.
This was a great way to spend the afternoon in Tokyo with a tour of the Imperial Palace Garden with a history lesson. We would happily do this again. Thank you Yuki.
Dear Paul, Thank you for your review. I feel sorry to spend so much time for the history to be late for the garden in the palace. There are many similar gardens in Tokyo area which used to be a garden of Samurai lord's Mansions. I hope you had been there during your stay. Best regards, Yuki
If you want to cover off the beaten path and hidden gems of Tokyo, Yuki is your man. He also took us to his local favorite restaurant for ramen in Tokyo and it was awesome. We loved both ours tours with Yuki. Thank you again.
Dear Viraj, Thank you for your review. I guess you have arrived Osaka without trouble with your wife. The weather was not so stable during the tour and we have to be flexible to make the best use of your time in Tokyo. Best regards, Yuki
Yuki, was absolutely perfect for our Tokyo tour. He’s really intricate knowledge of the city. We visited so may places in half a day. We liked him so much we booked him for another half day the next day.
Dear Viraj, We visited Tsukiji fish market and Imperial Palace on the day. It was my pleasure to help you to travel Japan such as activating JR Pass, showing the gate for the Shinkansen. I sincerely hope you and your wife will enjoy traveling Japan after waiting three years due to COVID-19 pandemic. Yuki
Yuki was the best. I was running late due to immigration and customs but Yuki was very patient and professional waiting for me. He provided me excellent knowledge of the area and places we visited. Yuki went the extra mile to make sure everything was great during the entire tour. Will use him again next time I visit.
Dear Jeff, Everything is good that ends well. I had almost given up when you appeared at the airport. I enjoyed touring around Tokyo with you. It will be a good lesson for me. Thank you for writing the review so soon. Yuki