Hakone is very popular place for one day trip from Tokyo. We will take the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Odawara and a mountain train, a ropeway and cruise Lake Ashi by the Pirate ship to enjoy her various scenery. Hakone is famous for hot spring public baths, you can try one if you want. If the weather is fine, you can see the magnificent view of Mt. Fuji from several places.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your hotel
I will pick you up near the reception.
Taking Shinkansen from Tokyo to Odawara which runs about 250 Km/h (Discount return ticket with 4600 JPY for an adult, you can use JR pass.) It is very impressive to observe other express Shinkansen passing by at Odawara station. If you are staying near Shinjuku station and not interested in taking the Shinkansen, I would recommend the Romance car from Shinjuku station. This express train is not so rapid, but you can save the time to go to Tokyo station.
Taking a train and a bus to Lake Ashi to view Mt. Fuji as early as possible when it is clear (Hakone Free Pass with 4,600 JPY for adult, 1,000 for child under 13. We will take the mountain train in our return trip.)
We will walk to the Hakone Shrine, which was established in 757. You can see the Torii gate for peace on the lake and the sanctuary of the nine headed dragon which used to suffer people.
I will take you to my favorite Japanese restaurant where you can eat Tempura, Japanese noodle, Katsudon, etc. (about 2,000 JPY per person).
We will take the popular pirate ship (Included in Hakone Free Pass).
End of the tour
I will offer you a modified plan with necessary trade offs/ additional charge. You can find pictures of these places by clicking (>) in the left window.
At your hotel
1. Memorable Tour; I can show you around the most memorable places in Hakone based on my experience.
2. Easier to Go; I will choose the most efficient and comfortable transportation so you don't have to be bothered by how to visit them efficiently within a day.
3. Flexible Plan; My tour is very flexible with time and places with many options according to your interest.
4. Delicious Foods; Japanese food is very important part of my tour, I will take you to my favorite restaurant for lunch during the tour.
5.Hot spring bath; Hakone is famous for hot spring baths, if you want, I can take you to a nice hotel where you can use a private bath.
hotel pick up
Transportation fee of you and the guide. (about 10,000 JPN/person, including the cruising)
Lunch fee of about 2000 JPN (you and the guide)
(April. 4th, 2020) Due to the aftermath of Typhoon 19th, the mountain train will be suspended until the end of July in 2020 which is substituted by a bus.
1. View of Mt. Fuji; The possibility of viewing Mt Fuji depends on the season, more than 60% in winter while less than 10% in summer. But there are other interesting places in Hakone such as cruising Lake Ashi and Open Air Museum.
2. Transportations; I usually take public transportations but I can arrange a chartered taxi from Odawara if you want. It will cost about 40,000 JPY per five hours up to 4 persons including me.
3. Congestion of transportations; Hakone will be very crowded during the first week of May (Golden week holidays) and weekend days of November (Autumn color season). But I will choose the most efficient and comfortable way.
4. Suspension of the Ropeway; The ropeway to Owakudani is sometimes closed when the sulfur gas concentration of the area exceeds 0.2ppm or during severe weather conditions. In the case of suspension, I would recommend you to visit the Venetian Glass Museum by a bus.
- The tour guide is not available on Monday.
- Please, send a direct message to the tour guide for confirming the availability before booking
8:30 Hotel pick up
9:30 Depart from Tokyo station with the Shinkansen
10:30 Depart from Odawara to Hakone by a train
12:00 Tour of Gora park with tea ceremony (optional) and lunch
13:30 Take a rope way to Owakudani (Suspended since May 19th, 2019)
15:30 Arrive at Lake Ashi and cruising by the Pirate ship
16:45 Depart from Lake Ashi to Odawara with a bus
18:12 Depart from Odawara with the Shinkansen
18:42 Arrive at Tokyo station
The total cost is about 10,000 JPY per adult.
The Shinkansen return ticket is 4,630 JPY per adult.
You can use JR pass for the Shinkansen but please pay the cost of the guide.
Hakone free pass is 4,600 JPY per adult and 1,000 per child younger than 12 years old.
You may not be allowed to enter.
If your tattoo is small, you can cover it up.
They have a private bath with 4,000 JPY/40min for a family.
Yes, I can pick you up at Hakone if you pay me extra 8,000 JPY during the tour as I live about 3 hours away.
Yes, you can take a chartered taxi from Odawara station.
I will book the taxi if you are within 3 people.
One taxi will cost about 40,000 JPY for 5 hours.
Yuki is an excellent Zoom online guide. He is knowledgeable about Kamakura and very keen to guide me. I strongly recommend him to you.
Dear Masato, Thank you for taking time to write such a good review of my tour. I hope my tour would be useful for making your own online tour. Best regards, Yuki
Thankyou for your splendid tour Yuki. It was an enjoyable expierence and you are well versed in escapism.
Dear Bradley, Thank you for giving me the remark with many stars. I hope this virtual tour will help you when you come to Japan in the future. Best regards, Yuki
We are so grateful for two amazing days in Tokyo. We saw SO MUCH that we could not have managed by ourselves especially with the complicated subways! Yuki took us to so amazing spots that we could not have known about or seen so quickly in two days.
Dear Debbie, Thank you for taking my tour. I am very happy if you enjoyed it. Please give my best regards to Dave, too. Yuki
An awesome day in Kyoto followed by some Tokyo highlights .. Yuki was an awesome guide - very knowledgeable, knew the best restaurants, public transport system, Japanese history and culture .. we enjoyed an awesome 2 days with him :) Thanks !
Dear Andrew, Thank you for taking my tours. I was very much upset when I found that we were waiting at different places. But we met just before the departure of the Shinkansen and saw Mt. Fuji from the window of the train. We delayed for the tea ceremony in Kyoto, but you made it through and arrived Kinkaku-Ji temple before the sun set. It was a memorable tour for me, too. Please give my best regards to your family. Yuki