This tour is for those who are interested in Japanese local life in Kansai, or who have already traveled to all those main tourist attractions and looking for something deeper.In this tour, we will use Hanshin Railway, one of the local railways in Kansai area, and visit 3 outstanding local cities in Hyogo; Kobe, Nishinomiya, and Amagasaki. Let's go and discover the local sides of Japan together!
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your hotel(in Osaka or Kobe)
Kobe Port Tower
Kobe China Town(Nankin-cho)
Hakutsuru Brewery Museum
Hanshin Koshien Baseball Stadium
Amagasaki Shopping Arcade
and more to expect...!
At your hotel(in Osaka or Kobe)
We will use Hanshin Railway, which goes between Kobe and Osaka connecting some local cities in Hyogo, and visit the places listed below. In each and every site of the cities we will visit, you can see a slice of local people's life and learn about Japanese way of life.
• Kobe: The capital of Hyogo prefecture. We will visit Kobe Port Tower, Kobe China Town(Nankin-cho), and Hakutsuru Brewery Museum.
• Nishinomiya: The city developed as a residential area in the early 20th century. In this city, we will visit Nishinomiya Shrine and Hanshin Koshien Baseball Stadium.
• Amagasaki: The city very next to Osaka. It used to be a castle town and is currently an industrial city. In this city, you will visit Amagasaki Castle and Amagasaki Shopping Arcade. If requested, boat race watching at Boat Race Amagasaki and Miko(a shrine maiden) experience at Amagasaki Ebisu Shrine are available as well.
• Guide fee
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off(only in Osaka or Kobe)
• The guide’s transportation fee
• The guide’s lunch fee
• Pictures taken during the tour
• Transportation fee for yourself: ¥1200 per person(1 day ticket)
• Lunch fee for yourself
• Entrance fee for you and the guide: ¥700 per person for Kobe Port Tower, ¥500 per person for Amagasaki Castle
• Extra cost for the optional activities: Starting from ¥100 for betting at Boat Race Amagasaki, ¥2000 per person for Miko experience at Amagasaki Ebisu Shrine
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off is only available for those who stay in Osaka or Kobe. If you stay in any other places, our meeting and ending points will be either Osaka station or Motomachi station.
• This tour involves a lot of walking, so please make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
I had an amazing time in Kyoto with Kiriko! It was a difficult time to plan a tour because a lot of places were closed due to the coronavirus, but she put together a great itinerary of cool places that I hadn't seen yet during my time in Kyoto. She even found the one nighttime temple illumination that was still open! After the sightseeing was finished she took me to a great restaurant to try Kyoto horse meat, a local delicacy! :D Kiriko speaks perfect English and is very friendly and easy to talk to, so it felt just like hanging out with a friend for a day, which is the best kind of tour. :) I'm looking forward to doing another tour with her in the future (and trying the horsemeat sashimi) and I would highly recommend her for any tours in Kyoto, Osaka, or Hyogo. Thanks Kiriko!!
Thank you so much for such a great review, Bryce! I also had a lot of fun hanging out with you!! I was a bit worried that maybe I couldn’t have provided you the best tour because a lot of places were unfortunately closed, but I’m happy to hear that you still enjoyed my tour. Looking forward to seeing you again and showing you more places soon, and of course trying Basashi(horsemeat sashimi) together! :D
Thank you Kitty for being so flexible in showing us around Osaka. Although we had some requests to see some places that are not typical, it was wonderful that you were so enthusiastic with your research and interest in helping us have a great time. It was a great day of trying many wonderful foods from the region and learning about neighbourhoods we may have overlooked without you.
Thank you for your warm review, David! Having a tour with you was such a great experience with a lot of new learnings for me too!! You gave me an inspiration to know even more deeply about the city from various perspectives. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, and we see each other again on your next visit to Kansai ;)
My daughter was on Semester at Sea with a stop in Kobe. Kiriko was great putting together an agenda for my daughter and two of her friends in meeting them at the port, traveling to Kyoto with them, showing them the sites, and introducing them to the local culture. My daughter and her friends had a wonderful and memorable time with Kiriko
Thank you so much for your review! I’m very glad to hear that your daughter Jessica and her adorable friends enjoyed their day in Kyoto and came to fall in love with Japan at the end. Please let me know if you ever have a chance to visit Japan with Jessica, I would be more than happy to show you around :D
Kiriko came prepared to show us an enchanting side of Kyoto. She met us at our starting point and we traveled by train to Kyoto. We explored several popular sights and toured many areas of Kyoto. Her choice for dining out was perfect. She gave a lot of thought in organizing our tour. We would highly recommend Kiriko for a tour.
Thank you very much for your time in writing me a review! It was a pleasant time for me to spend the day with you and Dan. And I also want to say thank you for inviting me to the dinner! I hope you will come back to Japan one day and I can be your guide again :)