Delicious Food, Amazing Drinks and Deep Culture!
We’ll discover 5 unique, delicious establishments on this Osaka food and drinks tour…1 restaurant, 1 specialized standing bar, 1 izakaya (Japanese style eatery), 1 backstreet stall and 1 market while also exploring the local drinks (craft beer, sake, chuhai, highball, plum wine, cocktails & softdrinks etc).
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
Daikokucho Station, Exit 1, at the top of the stairs in front of the Family Mart
- Local oden (broth infused with seafood, vegetables etc) PLUS
- Osakan large takoyaki “battered octopus balls”
- 6 x gyoza (2 types): the best dumpling you've ever tasted!!!....It's filled with ground meat & vegetables and cooked to perfection.
- “Maguro” Bluefin Tuna sashimi
- Mouthwatering Nikudoufu “beef and tofu stew” PLUS
- 2 x original yakitori skewered beef (sauce & salt options), PLUS
- 1 alcoholic/non alcoholic drink
- 6 x Osakan Kushikatsu which is lightly deep fried skewers (12 types available: asparagus, quail egg, prawn, kisu fish etc)
- Osakan kitsune Udon bowl PLUS
- Tonpeyaki (Pork omelete) PLUS
- 2 x Karaage (Japanese fried chicken with delicious spices)
- PLUS 1 alcoholic/non alcoholic drink
- Desserts: (Markets): Taiyaki (redbean filled sweet).
Daikokucho Station, Exit 1.
Taking tourists to see a different angle of Osaka, going to parts of Shinsekai & the rarely visited, mysterious Nishinari. These are enclaves of amazing food & drink stalls, restaurants and establishments of all types. A food & drink lover’s paradise.
Guided in real Osaka, here you will fill the belly with some of the best food you will have in Japan and taste all those drinks you were always afraid to order. We have carefully chosen these hidden, original establishments in and around the markets serving totally traditional Osakan food & drinks (they don’t even have English menus). A genuine neighborhood den feel soaks in while the food & drinks penetrates the nostrils, tastebuds & stomach!
Remember our main objective is to feed your bursting appetite with delicious, local Osakan food and get you tasting some real tasty Japanese drinks….even getting you to try things you would have never had before (we’ll gauge how adventurous you are)…….you will leave feeling completely satisfied and full.
Osaka’s Shinsekai & Nishinari districts are a smorgasbord of tantilising food and drinks: exciting, fresh and a mix of old and new. Combine this with the history and culture….you’ll have a night to remember with us.
Get an inside look with our professional tour guide Andy.
Andy who is 38 y.o half Japanese & half Australian (spent more than a decade of his life in Osaka).
He has extensive knowledge of Osakan food, drinks, history and culture.
We hope this tour will be the absolute highlight of your Japan trip!:)
1. Walk down quaint off the beaten paths, streets & arcades.
2. Eat the most unique, tasty food amongst friendly Osakans.
3. Taste some infused, rarely known Japanese drinks.
4. Witness a region almost untouched by the western world.
5. See bizarre, quirky, retro “only in Japan” establishments.
6. Traverse through the interconnecting maze of alleys.
7. Set foot in one of Japan’s famous knife shops (extensive range).
8. Discover every bit of ingredient of all the food you'll taste.
-A total of 10 dishes at 5 different eateries. Additionally you'll get 2 drinks (from a selection of craft beer, sake, sochuu, highball, haichuu, cocktails, non alcoholic drinks)
-A guide giving you a very indepth look at authentic food and Japanese culture.
-Hotel pickup (its a very central, easy to find starting location).
-We cater for vegetarians but please let us know in advance.
-Unfortunately we don't cater for vegans on this tour.
Absolutely, this is a food tour, so we'll tell you what's in every bite:)
Yes, at every stop we have varieties of vegetarian friendly food (BUT please tell us in advance…there is a space to write you food restrictions when your booking)
Yes, at every stop we have varietes of non seafood items, please just let us know about in advance.
Unfortunately we can’t ensure you a great variety of food. So the answer is no.
Yes, most places are fine (just tell us in advance by email)
Small groups. But we do cater for large private group bookings of up to 30 people.
Yes, for sure. Absolutely, we will make sure of this….you will not leave without a full belly!
YES of course. Kids 6~11years pay the "children" rates. There is un unlimited amount of exciting activities to do in this non touristic region of Osaka that the kids would thoroughly enjoy:) We can adjust the food if kids are fussy too
Yes, our guides are very familar with all the drinks on the list and all bars/ restaurants we go to. Ask a lot of questions
There is a huge variety: craft beers, sake, chuhai, plum wine, shochu, cocktails as well as non alcoholic drinks.
We will walk for 1.2km in 3hrs. Just wear walking shoes or sneakers is fine. No special shoes required.
Andy showed us a very intersting and one of a kind tour of Osaka which you won't find on a normal tour group Highly recommend and the food pit-stops were lots of fun.
Maya and Eric, thanks so much for making a review for us. It's great even to show foreign travellers and even Japanese people hidden corners and knowledge of a world so often glanced over by most. Im glad you guys enjoyed the winding allleys, yakuza controlled Taisho Era red light district, Abandoned houses area, Retro Zone and the really local food eateries we went to:) It was a pleasure and I hope to see you again some day!! Andy