One-day tour (7 hours) to explore Tokyo with me in a more personal and up close way. Attractions to see and experiences to have are so many in the city. How about visiting Tsukiji, Asakusa, Harajuku, etc? This tour can be customized due to your preferences.
Please let me know what you like to do and where you want to go. The following itinerary is an example, which will be tailored according to your requests. Please contact me for details.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your hotel or anywhere you like
Stroll around the market and try Japanese foods such as Sashimi, Japanese omelet, and Japanese sweet.
Visti one of the beautiful traditional Japanese gardens.
* Try Matcha tea if you like and if we have time.
**After the garden, we can take a Sumida River cruise if you like. It takes abt. 50 minutes from Hamarikyu Garden to Asakusa.
Stroll around the area including the oldest temple in Tokyo Sensoji and Nakamise Shopping Street with an traditional atmosphere.
Stroll around the area, visiting Meiji shrine, Takeshita Shopping Street and Sophisticated Omode Sando Street.
Finish the tour.
At final destination or anywhere you like
This tour is basically a walking tour using public transportation such as subways and JR lines.
I will make a 7-hour private custom tour at your requests and show you an itinerary in advance, so you will not miss the places you want to see in Tokyo.
As you needed, I will also arrange lunch. I am a very flexible person, so please feel free to ask me anything.
Please let me show you Tokyo’s popular sightseeing areas. Choosing three areas is recommendable.
1. Asakusa area: Senso-ji Temple (Oldest temple in Tokyo), Nakamise Street (Approach way to Sensoji Temple), Sumida Park, Tokyo Skytree (2,060JPY for admission)
2. Tokyo Station Area: Imperial Palace (Old Edo Castle Remains & Traditional Japanese Garden, closed every Monday and Friday), Marunouchi, Tokyo International Forum
3. Harajuku / Shibuya Area: Meiji Shrine, Takeshita Street, Omote-sando Street, Shibuya Scramble Crossing, Statue of Hachi
4. Asakusa / Roppongi Area: Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, National Art Center, Tokyo (closed every Tuesday), Tokyo Tower (820 JPY *), Hie Shrine
5 Tsukiji Area: Tsukiji Market (closed every Sunday, national holidays and irregularly Wednesday) , Hama-rikyu Garden (300 JPY*), Ginza
6. Akihabara Area
7. Shinjuku Area: Tokyo Metropolitan Government Buildings, Shinjuku Gyoen Park (200 JPY, closed every Monday), Samurai Museum (1,800 JPY *)Golden-gai Street, Omoide-yokocho Street,
8. Ueno Area: Ueno Park, Yanaka, Nezu Shrine
9. Fukagawa / Ryogoku Area: Fukagawa Fudo Temple, Tomioka Hachiman Shrine, Kiyosumi Garden, Edo-Tokyo Museum**(600 JPY *), Hokusai Museum (400 JPY*, closed every Monday)
10. Korakuen / Kagurazaka Area: Koishikawa Korakuen (Traditional Japanese Garden, 300 JPY *), Kagurazaka
11. Odaiba Area
* admission free for the guide
**Edo-Tokyo Museum is closed between 1/10/2017 and 31/3/2018 for renovation.
Please request now! I look forward to sharing the fun of discovering Tokyo with you soon!
hotel pick-up in 23 words of Tokyo
transportation fee (guests and guide) *abt. 1000JPY/person
entrance fee (ex. Hamarikyu Garden 300JPY/person)
This is a walking tour using the public transportation. Comfortable shoes for walking are recommendable.
Expenses vary depending on where to go and what to do
ex. Hamarikyu garden :300JPY/adult (*free for licensed guides)
a set of Matcha tea and confectionary (720JPY)
Credit cards are unavailable for some local shops.
ex. transportation (subway and JR train) ....1000JPY/adult
Sumida River Cruise ... 800JPY/adult
Lunch can be arranged as needed. If you have any allergies, please let me know.
Junko was great leading our family (2 adults and 2 kids) on a half-day Tokyo tour. She was attentive to our needs and understood that having kids meant being flexible and responsive.
Thank you so much for such a nice review, Sanjay!. I am very glad to have helped you know Tokyo. I hope you and your family will make great memories in Japan. Thank you again and take care. Junko
Junko was an excellent guide. She provided a lot of backup historical information, which was very helpful. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Thank you so much for such a great review, Eva. I am very glad to have helped you know Nezu and Yanaka and the history. There still remain beautiful traditional gardens and quiet places even in Tokyo. I hope you would come to Japan again in the cherry blossom season. Thank you again and take care! Junko
From initial emails to hugs goodbye, we enjoyed our time with Junko. She was accommodating in our itinerary choices and flexible through tour time. My wife is diabetic and Junko was understanding of her need for breaks and meals. We wished to experience the off the beaten path food places and our first night we enjoyed two for beer, sake and food. She’s very passionate about her city and it showed. You will be educated, enlightened and inspired by her.....thank you Junko! Rory and Sandra
Thank you for such a wonderful review, Rory and Sandra! I am very happy to have helped you have a good time in Tokyo. It was nice to have exchanged information about our families including our dogs Diego and Coco. They are rescued dogs. What a coincidence.!! I hope you will make great memories in Japan. Thank you again and take care. Junko
Excellent tour of Tokyo incorporating both old and new points of interests. I would highly recommend Junko.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, Phil! I am very glad to have helped you and your family know different faces of Tokyo. I hope you will enjoy the rest of your stay in Japan. Thank you again and take care. Junko