Discover Kyoto's most popular & memorable sites! This is a semi-tailored tour so you can choose a few spots from my recommendations in addition to two must-see sites. You'll also learn how to use public transportation system in Kyoto and tips for other points of interest that you're looking at for the rest of your days in Japan. This tour is good for first timers in Kyoto on the first day!
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At JR Kyoto Station (or at your hotel with extra fee)
Arashiyama (bamboo forest & Tenryuji Temple zen garden @500 yen)
Choose one from: Kinkakuji Temple @400yen / Kitano Tenmangu Shirine & Kamishichiken / Nijo Castle @1000yen
Choose one from: Nishiki Market / Gion
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Option: Dinner at a local restaurant or izakaya for sake
Let's discover Kyoto's most popular & memorable sites with a local guide! In addition to 2 must-see sites, you can choose a few sports from my recommendations depending on your interest. You'll also learn how to use public transportation system in Kyoto and tips for other points of interest that you're looking at for the rest of your days in Japan.
If you'd like to experience a local dinner/drinking at a local bar together, you can extend the tour with a minimum fee and enjoy the night like a local!
This tour is good for first timers in Kyoto on the first day.
Guide fee, hotel meet-up near Kyoto station
Transportation fee (for you and guide, about 1,000-1,500 yen/person), lunch/dinner(for you and guide), entrance fee (licensed guide gets free admission at most temples & tourist spots)
1. You will be walking a lot during the tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes and bring an umbrella or poncho in case of rain.
2. Transportation fee for the day will be 1,000-1,500 yen per person depending on your itinerary and hotel location. Lunch/dinner for you and guide is not included in the guiding fee. Credit cards cannot be used at ticket machines and many small restaurants, so please bring enough cash for the day.
3. Any other sites not mentioned in the list cannot be added to the tour. Please book a customized tour with me if you'd like to visit anywhere not listed.
4. Please let me know in advance if you'd like to extend the tour for a local dinner. I will take you to a local diner or izakaya unless you have a special request. Please also choose 9:30 or 10:00 for the start time and add "dinner extension".
5. When booking, please choose one spot from A and B. If not specified, I will choose based on your group's attribute and/or seasonality.
A: Kinkakuji (Golden Temple @400 yen), Kitano Tenmangu Shirine & Kamishichiken (Geisha district), or Nijo Castle (screen arts and garden @1,000yen)
B: Nishiki Market (food and souvenir street) or Gion (Geisha district & Kenninji temple)
We have engaged Seiko san for 2 days tour to Osaka and Kyoto. We have had an enjoyable trip where Seiko san was a fantastic guide. She is so knowledgeable and cater to our needs and requirement. She knows all the in and out of Osaka and Kyoto and meetings all our needs in food, tour requirement and timing. One word to summarise - Outstanding!
We love how attentive and accommodating Seiko is. My children adore her for being funny and friendly. Also, she knows her way around. Worth your every penny. We will definitely book her again.
Seiko is an excellent knowledgeable guide with great English skills and attentive, intuitive sense of what we were interested in and spent more time guiding and explaining the historical and cultural significance of them. We had an optional day planned for Nara but learned from her about the islands in the Seto Inland Sea. She noted that we enjoyed the arts and suggested it as another option. A bonus from a professional that really knows the country!
My sister, niece and I spent three amazing days with Seiko. We had so much fun, we wanted to have more days! She is so full of knowledge about Japanese culture, food, history, and art. She navigated us swiftly and effortless around Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka, and showed us many hidden jewels we would have missed if we had been on our own. She is also super sweet, a great conversationalist, and a lot of fun. After Day 1, she already felt like a old family friend. We hope to see her again!!
Thanks Chris, you guys were amazing! I had such a great time in the 3-day tour especially showing different kinds of sake and some of my favorite dishes to the gourmet family:) 3 days were not enough for me to accommodate your kind of people, so please come back and let me show you more! Thanks again! Seiko