Sushi making instructor takes you to TOYOSU central wholesale market.
The tour is a combination activity which includes shopping at TOYOSU central wholesale market and sushi making experience.
You will make hand shaped sushi using fish purchased on this tour. This will be one of your unforgetable experiences in Japan.
Ticket gate outer side of the train station YURIKAMOME line/ Shijo-mae
TOYOSU central wholesale market is a place where real dealing is held by professionals and does not accept sightseers. But you can get in if you assume you are a cooking class student and follow the cooking instructor who procures fresh food which would be used on the cooking class held on the day. After strolling the wholesale market for 30-40 min., we stop by related stores which include professional cooking knife shops and temporally be apart.
Meeting place is the ticket gate outer side of the nearest station YURIKAMOME line/ Shijo-mae at the time specified.
Kanosan's KITCHEN is the place the guide holds cooking classes and located 40-50 min. from TOYOSU central wholesale market. Come yourself referring the handed document by the time specified. You will experience not only sushi making but also some of preparations such as slicing the fillet, processing prown and clam.
The site of sushi lesson
- This is a combination activity which includes shopping at TOYOSU central wholesale market and sushi making experience.
Your national licensed guide who takes you to TOYOSU will provide sushi making lesson too.
- Unlike typical TOYOSU tour, you will experience the procurement of seafood which will be used on the sushi making lesson you will take.
- Unlike typical sushi making lesson for foreign travelers, you will experience seafood cutting with Japanese traditional cutlery.
- On the sushi making lesson, you will make your hand-shaped sushi by yourself and enjoy meal time.
Depending on the time remaining, other type sushi will be introduced.
- TOYOSU central wholesale matket visit and sushi lesson fee
- Cost of food material used in the planned lesson
- Cost for option dishes
In case you request special dishes displayed in the pictures as option, the guide present the seasonal price. You may make a final decision seeing it. Please pay it on the day in cash.
- Transportation fare
Please prepare an IC travel card or small change for public transportation. The guide takes care of himself.
Service may not be provided even this system shows "available" since I am receiving a request from other system too. Please inquire me using "Message" before press booking button.
Evening class may be provided on the day already booked in daytime.
- The date indicated 'available' on the booking calendar may has been booked in other system. Please click 'Send message" button and let the guide know your dates preference. The guide will check all systems carefully and propose you possible plans.
- TOYOSU central wholesale market opens every Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat but closes on national holidays. So if you prefer a full service as is, please note it. If you prefer to take only sushi making lesson, it would be arranged depending on your preference.
- Optional tour can be inserted between Tsukiji and sushi making for Kappabashi kitchen ware street. Please ask the guide for a quotation.
- The number of the participants is limited up to 4. It might be possible to handle more when the the guide can arrange an assistant. The guide will make a quotation responding to the inquiry.
Kanosan is an excellent teacher in sushi making. His expertise with wielding the sushi knife is amazingly accurate. We learn a lot from him. Apart from sushi making, we learn about all the fresh seafood used for sushi making! Overall, a great experience. Will be recomending Kanosan to my friends and family. Keep up the great job!!!
Thank you very much for joining my sushi class. I hope I will have a chance to provide my services to your friend and family in future.
It was great to experience sushi making with Tetsuro. He informed us in advance that the fish market is closed on the day we could follow his lesson, and he took us to some shops with professional cooking equipment instead. This was also very interesting. Thank you, Tetsuro !
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the alternative tour. Studying your review, I will organize the tour and offer as the standard soon. Thank you very much for being my guests.