Our officially certified guide comes to meet you at your hotel and gives you basic guidance on how to properly watch a sumo practice at a sumo stable.
Guiding fees, public transportation fee. In case you prefer to use a taxi or hired car, an actual expense will be charged.
※In case of meeting at your lobby, the picking-up applicable hotels are limited to the hotels within 30 minutes from JR Osaka Station. If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.
Lunch, Food and Drinks, Shopping Expenses
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard for the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate. It is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without notice.
- As a standard rule, children under 10 years old are not allowed to join this program, as many of them often cannot stay silent and keep sitting still.
- Please understand that you may be asked to sit on a floor without chairs at some stables.
- Before you visit a stable, remember to read the precautions you need to follow in the FAQ .
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our services are mainly offered in English. In addition, services in other languages, such as Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available. In case you would like services in languages other than English, please inquire us as soon as possible. We will check the availability.
- Before booking, please email us to check the availability.
Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our business hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside the business hours, we will look into them and respond on the next business day.
- The picking-up applicable hotels are limited to the hotels within 30 minutes from JR?Osaka?Station. If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.. read more
Most of stable basically asks for following rules and recommendations as below.
A sumo stable is not a facility for tourists. Sumo wrestlers are practicing very hard and
seriously every day. So please don’t forget to show respect to the stable master and
Please watch the practice quietly and do not move around in the stable.
Please do not talk in the stable. Even your whispering voice may disturb the wrestlers.
Please don’t stand on the ring or on the sandy ground. The ring is the sacred place for
At the entrance of the stable, please take off your shoes and step onto the tatami floor
(rush mat floor). Then sit on the floor. When you sit on the floor, please cross your legs
and don’t stretch your legs toward the ring. It is considered impolite to show the soles of
feet to the wrestlers.
Please take off your hat and sunglasses inside the stable.
Inside the stable, you are not allowed to eat or drink or smoke. So please keep in mind
“No food, no drink and no chewing gum and candies.”
You can take photos during the practice but you are not allowed to stand up or move
around. Please do not use flash more than necessary and do not use cameras with a
loud motor and shutter sound.
Please turn off your mobile phone.
We made the tour to visit the stables for training sessions for the sumo. I was really surprise by the experience, our guide gave us great input and knowledge of all surrounding the sumo practice. Our guide picked us at the hotel right on time.