The itinerary of this tour will be tailored to visit the famous spots based on requests from guests and will be modified at last moment between guests and guide.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your hotel or the lobby of a hotel close to your accommodation
Start from Shibuya station and work through the busy streets to visit Meiji Jingu, Harajuku in the morning.
Visit Akihabara to enjoy the most popular and coolest sub-culture in Japan in the Afternoon
Stoll the vicinity town of the Tokyo Sky Tree
At your hotel or a designated spot
As one of the most exciting cities in the world, Tokyo has unrivaled variety of amazing and exciting places for visitors from abroad. For example, you will be able to enjoy not only viewing a historical castle or shrines of more than 400 years, but also enjoying to be a parts of crowds on the most busy and trendy streets.. This means, every visitor has more options to enjoy their stay based on their interests, if well scheduled and arranged.
The following shows recommended typical and popular districts based on interests.
1) Modern and busy commercial districts
- Shibuya : an exciting and attractive fashionable district among young females, from teenagers to 30s.
- Harajuku : one of the most fashionable sacred places that are worshipped by teenagers around Japan
- Shinjuku : a convenient popular shopping district for most common people of all generation
- Ginza : a luxurious shopping district for celebrities
- Odaiba : a relatively new sightseeing spot by the Tokyo bay area where you can see the small Statue of Liberty, Rainbow bridge and Tokyo tower
2) Historical places
- Imperial palace : an old castle image resident and park where emperor and empress live
- Meiji Jingu shrine : one of the most renowned shrines in Japan because more than 3 million people visit there on the first 3 days of new year.
- Sensoji temple in Asakusa : the oldest and popular temple in Tokyo with more than 300 years history shops in its shopping arcade
3) Art museums and architectures
- Roppongi : a district where you can visit three famous museums, Mori Art Museum, Suntory Art Museum, and New National Art Musuem, in 15 minute walk
- Ueno park : a district where three musuems are located; National Museum of Western Art, National Science Museum, Shitamachi (downtown) Museum
- Tokyo station : the most renowned and beautiful terminal station in Japan from which most bullet trains bound for east and west Japan
- Tokyo tower : a symbol of Tokyo with 333m height where you can overlook the Tokyo city and observe Mt. Fuji on a clear day
- Tokyo sky tree tower : the highest tower in Japan with 634m height where you can enjoy view from the observatory as well as stoll the vicinity
- Tokyo metropolitan government building : a modern twin-tower shape building designed by a renowned Japanese architect, Kenzo Tange where you can see most part of Tokyo from its free observatory
- Edo Tokyo museum : a museum that display historical and cultural items of Edo and Tokyo
4) Japanese sub-culture sacred places
- Akihabara : the coolest district for Japanese modern sub-culture, such as maid cafe, figure dolls, and animated cartoon
- Nakano : a hidden sacred place for figure and animation fans where you will find new collections
- Takadanobaba : a hidden famous game center for online fighting game worldwide tournament
A day tour (approx. 8 hours) will select 3 to 4 places to visit, based on visitor's requests and interests. Sample courses will be as follows.
Course- a) Enjoy the most modern Japanese cultural area (Shibuya, Harajuku, Akihabara)
- Morning :
* Walk through Shibuya and Harajuku districts in the morning, including a visit to the Meiji Jingu shrine
- Afternoon :
* Visit Akihabara to experience atmosphere of sub-culture town, including maid cafe
* Stroll Tokyo Sky tree vicinity town
Course- b) Enjoy Japanese art and architecture
- Morning :
* Visit Roppongi museums and Roppongi hills vicinity
- Afternoon :
* Climb to Tokyo tower to overlook Tokyo metropolitan
* Walk around Tokyo station
Price includes following items.
- guide fee for 8 hours (incl. 1 hour lunch time)
- pick-up inside the Tokyo 23 wards area
Price does not include following items.
- transportation fare of guests
- meal and shopping of guests
- admission to the facilities for both guests and guide
- public transportation fare of guide inside the Tokyo 23 wards area (est. 1500~2000 JPY)
In this tour, we will only use public transportation system. So, I will recommend guests to purchase a one-day ticket of subway or Pasmo/Suica from economical and convenient viewpoints. A subway one day ticket will be around 900 JPY to cover two systems in Tokyo.
In order to avoid traffic peak time, this tour will start after 9:30 a.m. on weekdays.
Both guests and the guide need to finalize the meeting place and agree spots to visit, 12 hours before the tour starts.
We requested to go Tsukiji Outer Market and Asakusa. It was a rainy day during the tour. Totally felt that the guide fees was not worth at all. The whole tour was awkward and unclear as there is little to no explanation on the places we went to and there is not much of conversation among us. We were the one who asked question but sometimes he just answered with a smile. We were being asked to get a 900yen one day metro & subway pass without being told why.
Dear Mei, I apologize that I coild not serve you well bacause it had been raining and the we had encountered jam in the trains. But, I remebered that I explained the one day subway pass is the most economical and convenient way to cover the route that you requested, so your.family agrred to puchased the tickets from the vending machines by youselves. Actually, I had a problem for this tour because your reservation request an English guide, but asked me to guide your family in Chinese just before we start the tour on the day. So, probably I could not get the meaning of your some questions. Hope that you will find a better Chinese guide next time. Best regards, Uemitsu Kageyama
Our group of 6 engaged Uemitsu to for a 1-1/2 day tour of Tokyo. His English is articulate and his knowledge of Tokyo and the subway system was invaluable to our group. He also modified our itinerary based on the weather to ensure we had the best viewing experience of the sights we wanted to see. Uemitsu was punctual, personable and knowledgeable. He also has a wonderful sense of humor and made our sightseeing exciting and fun. We would highly recommend Uemitsu to anyone looking for a guide and, given the opportunity, would engage his services again.
Dear Ellen, Thank you for your heartful comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with me. Looking forward to seeing you in the near future. Best regards, Uemitsu Kageyama
Uemitsu was very thoughtful and knowledgeable throughout our tour. He explained very well and showed us the Tokyo transportation system as it was our first time in Japan. He also made extra effort to find those parks with full cherry blossom since we arrived 1.5. week after the blooming in Tokyo area. We enjoyed our first time in Japan and glad we were able to use the train system on our own throughout the visit even in Kyoto .
Dear Jimmy, Thank you for tou review. I am glad to be able to support your stay in Tokyo. Hope that you enjoyed all of your visit to Japan. Best regards, Uemitsu Kageyama
Productive day with the help of the guide to see the highlights of Tokyo during Cherry blossom and using transportation system .
Dear Mila, Thank you for your review. Hope that your family enjoyed your stay in Tokyo. Best regards, Uemitsu Kageyama