Visit zen gardens and a tea ceremony room in a temple of east Kamakura. You also can see several Buddhist statues.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
Kamakura Station, East exit
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
Kamakura Station, East exit
Hokokuji is known as "Bamboo Temple". About 2,000 straight and tall bamboos rise heavenward, and sunlight gets into them. In the bamboo garden, only the sound of streams and rustling leaves break the silence. This makes you feel like being in another world far from busy urban life.
Jomyoji is ranked 5th in the Five Great Zen Temples in Kamakura. In the tea room called "Kisen-an", you can be relaxed with drinking matcha (powdered green tea). You can also enjoy appreciating the dry landscape garden where rocks and well-trimmed trees are set out superbly. Japanese sweets complement the flavor of the tea.
◆Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
This great shrine founded by the Kamakura Shogunate and also respected by the Tokugawa Shogunate was the center of "Bushido" (the spirit of the samurai). Walking along the flag stones from the massive torii gate, the vermilion Maiden (the Ritual Dance Stage) with a heartbreaking story comes into view up ahead. Up on the sixty stone steps stands Honden (the Main Hall) donated by a Shogun. This place commands a view of Kamakura City. In Hakko-do (a craft shop) at the entrance of the shrine, you can enjoy elaborate Kamakura-bori crafts (wooden artifacts carved in relief repeatedly lacquered in black and vermilion).
・Tea‐ceremony room fee with Matcha green powdered tea and dry confectionery
・Public transportation fee for JR and subways (For taxis or hired cars, actual additional fee will be charged.)
Lunch, beverages,Travel expenses to the meeting place, and shopping fees
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard for the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate. It is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without notice.
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our services are mainly offered in English. In addition, services in other languages, such as Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available. In case you would like services in languages other than English, please inquire us as soon as possible. We will check the availability.
- Before booking, please email us to check the availability.
Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our business hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside the business hours, we will look into them and respond on the next business day.
This tour with Yuki & the other guide from Triplelights was an absolute highlight of our holiday in Japan for our group. They met us at our hotel & took us to a local Sumo Stable. We were amazed at the strength & flexibility of the wrestlers & afterwards they helped explain so much to us and showed us a lot of information which definitely helped us later in the day when we attended the Sumo Tournament. They were only too happy to walk us to where we wanted to have breakfast. Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone coming to Japan...it’s something you should experience & I’m sure you will enjoy ?
Dear Wendy, Thank you for your comment. We greatly appreciate your photo as well. We will definitely share your feedback and photo with the guides. Sincerely yours, TJ tours
Had 6 adults and 1 tween for a sumo practice tour. We had a main guide, Kiochiro, and an assistant who were very friendly and informative. They met us at our hotel and guided us through 2 subway trains and 1 bus ride to the sumo stable. Although the sumo practice is interesting, take seriously the warning that you will be sitting on the floor for 2 hours. You may be a bit stiff getting up. Got a picture with the wrestlers after practice. We would definitely recommend this tour!!!
Dear Jeanne, Thank you very much for your feedback. Our guide is glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour. Sincerely yours, TJ tours
The tour to observe sumo wrestlers train was a highlight of my Japan trip. Mr Takeuchi was professional, knowledgeable, and took care of us very well.
Dear Swee-Kin, Thank you very much for your feedback. Please feel free to contact us when you plan another trip to Japan in the future! Sincerely yours, TJ Tours
Rumi is super organized! Dropped off a booklet on Sumo before arranging a stable visit to watch training — she’s solid & friendly!