On the Eastside of Shinjuku, your exciting adventure awaits at the biggest red-light district in Tokyo! We will visit Tokyo Metropolitan Office building observatory, drop in a narrow street called Omoide-Yokocho and explore the famous Kabukicho and Golden-Gai area.
at the ticket wicket of Tochomae station of Oedo subway-line (there's only ONE ticket wicket) (Hotel pick up is available. Please contact it to a guide)
Get a panoramic view of Tokyo landmarks such as Tokyo Skytree, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Bay and wonderful night view of Tokyo.
Enjoy the unique atmosphere and nostalgia of old-time Japan and take photos under the illuminating lights of the bars and eateries.
Wander through Japan’s largest red-light district with a wide variety of entertainment for adults, souvenir shopping at tax-free shop Don Quixote, and see exhibits featuring swords & armor, and gain a sword battle experience at the Samurai Museum, according to your request.
Explore the neon-lit alleys of Shinjuku and Kabukicho, sample local cuisine at the best hole-in-the-wall eateries and experience quirky bars on this guided adventure.
at the last spot of the tour or at EAST EXIT of JR Shinjuku station A guide give you a detailed information how to return to your hotel.
- Worried about where to go and what to do in Shinjuku? Don’t know how to fully explore and really enjoy the most robust area in Tokyo the right way? Shizuko, one of GoWithGuid's most reliable local guides, is here to provide you with the perfect tour for your adventure.
In this walking tour:
- She will guide you to the Tokyo Metropolitan Office Building Observatory so you don’t have to find the way and just have to prepare your camera to take the most amazing picture of the city’s most celebrated landmarks.
- She will tell you where to take the best pictures in Omoide Yokocho and explain all there is to know about the fascinating history of this place.
- She will show you the quirkiest bars and the best hole-in-the-wall eateries in Golden-Gai and Kabukicho, where only the locals know and come every day. And she will help you choose the most unique Japanese souvenirs for your loved ones in Japan’s coolest store Don Quijote.
* Guide fee
* Guide's food and drink
* Hotel pick up fee ( If your hotel is in/around JR Yamanote-line)
* Transportation fee for you and a guide
* Your food and drink
* entrance fee
* *Hotel pick-up fee. (If your hotel is outside of JR Yamanote-line. )
Only for you and your group
Tokyo Metropolitan office observatory is closed over the end of the year and New year's holidays.
- Tokyo Metropolitan office observatory is closed over the end of the year and New year's holidays so be mindful when you plan your trip.
- Bars in Golden Gai tend to open from about 8 PM, so don’t head over too early or you’ll find empty streets and (too many) empty seats.
- Be careful when you take pictures of people in Kabukicho because there are some who don’t like being taken pictures of. Even police in this area are known to be aggressive against adventurous photographers.
- If you want to stay in Shinjuku after the tour, I'll give you detailed instructions on how to return to your hotel by yourself.
Shizuko was great with me and my family. We had 2 kids on the tour and she accommodated all of our special requests to ensure we had an awesome time. The highlights were how she came prepared with great facts and details and how she interacted with my kids, they are 12 and 9. She is top notch and if we ever come back and need a guide we will definitely use her again. I highly recommend her services.
Dear Olivia, Thank you very much for your wonderful review for me. I really appreciated it. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour with me. I was so happy to see that your children could get their favorite toys at the Kiddy Land. And it was fun to talk and share time with your mother, too. Thank you again for having me as your guide this time. Please give my best regards to your husband, mother and lovely two children. I hope you enjoy the rest of your days in Japan and see your again someday in the future. Shizuko
We enjoyed a wonderful day with Shizuko inspite of the rainy day, she changed our tour because of the rain for other fun things to do & to see some other great site's which turned out to be a great day of enjoying Tokyo, Thankyou Shizuko for helping our tour with you being Fantasic for us 4 Aussies, Allan, Annette, Judy & David
Dear Allan, Annette, Judy and David, Thank you very much for sending me such a wonderful and warm review. Your kind review really encouraged me. And I’m so glad to know that you were satisfied with the tour with me. Because it was too heavy rain to take a waterbus and we had to change some parts of the original plan. I appreciate for having me as your guide. I hope you had enjoyed other districts in Japan, too. If I have a chance to see you again in the future, it would be great. Thank you very much again, Allan, Annette, Judy and David! Shizuko
Suzuko was our guide for two days in Tokyo. It was easy to work with her prior to our visit to develop a plan that efficiently fit in all of our wish list sights. Most importantly, she was a delight to be with—her English was perfect, she was extremely knowledgeable, was flexible when we wanted to linger or move along and quickly picked up on our interests so she could adjust the pacing and focus on information that she thought we would find interesting. She went above and beyond!!! When she met us for the second day of touring she came with tons of information for the rest of our stay. She wrote out instructions for the taxi driver to get us to the correct entrance to the Tokyo station for our bullet train, wrote out subway directions to get us there, drew a map of the relevant area of Tokyo station so we could find the office we needed to redeem our vouchers, wrote out instructions and a map of how to redeem our Suica card and gave us maps and guidebooks for Kyoto. She even texted me with restaurant recommendations while we were in Kyoto. We couldn’t have found a better guide.
Dear Eva, Thank you very much for your warm and kind review. I am so happy to know that you were satisfied with my guiding in Tokyo. Although the second day of the tour was extremely cold like winter, I was glad to complete the tour to the end. I hope you've enjoyed many things in Tokyo including a hot spring bath in Shinjuku. I hope to see you again sometime in the future. Please give my best regard to Alexa. Thank you very much again, Eva.
First time in Japan and as a solo traveler and she helped me ease up on the nerves I've had and made feel more comfortable around Tokyo and the transit system. She is very knowledgeable and friendly and shown me aound from Asakusa to Shibuya on the Yamanote Line and even to Odaiba. We even went to a Maid Cafe in Akihabara, which was the highlight of the tour I would say. Haha. I still find it funny that you shown me the Statue of Liberty for the first time and as an American I never seen the New York version. A Japanese person showing an American the Statue of Liberty. Haha, I'll never forget that. Overall, sad to see the tour is over. Loved you being my guide! Would book again if I could!
Dear Eric, Thank you very much for your wonderful review for me. I’m so glad to know that you enjoyed and were satisfied with the tour with me. I myself enjoyed the touring you and had a nice experience at Maid Café especially. It was so lucky for us to enjoy their pretty dancing and singing at the stage. I had also funny feeling to guide you (an American) the Statue of Livery in JAPAN. You have a lot of plans to do in Japan, I hope my guiding will help you to get around by yourself easily all over Japan. I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your days in Japan to the fullest. If I could have a chance to guide you again, it would be great. Thank you again. Shizuko