You can make your own itinerary as you like. Tokyo has many interesting and beautiful places. You can select some of these. I can show you around Tokyo as much as possible. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket, you can visit anywhere you want. Also you can learn about Japanese history, culture and life style. And of course, you can enjoy traditional Japanese cuisines, such as Sushi, Soba, Tempura, Ramen and more.
At your hotel in Tokyo
At Tsukiji Outer Market, you can try some seafood, such as Tuna Sushi and Steak, Grilled Scallop and Eel, Wagyu Beef and more.
At Imperial Palace Nijubashi Bridge, you can see beautiful landscape of the former Edo Castle and learn about Japanese history.
Sensoji Temple is the oldest temple in Tokyo, you can learn about Japanese history, culture and religions ( Shinto and Buddhism ).
Also, you can buy some traditional Japanese souvenirs at Nakamise Shopping Street and have many varieties of Japanese cuisines in Asakusa.
Akihabara is Electric and Geek town, famous for anime, manga, games and animal cafes such as cat, owl, rabbit or hedgehog.
Ueno Park is one of the most popular Cherry Blossoms viewing spots in Tokyo and Ameyoko Market Street is an open-air market, you can find anything you need or just enjoy browsing.
Meiji Jingu Shrine is one of the most important Shinto shrines in Tokyo, dedicated to the Emperor Meiji.
Takeshita Street in Harajuku is famous for pop and Kawaii (cute) culture, you can try some sweets such as Rainbow Cotton Candy and many varieties of Crepe and Bubble Tea, also the longest Tornado Potato.
Shibuya Scramble Crossing is the busiest intersection in the world and the Dog Statue of Hachi is also famous for a movie.
Shinjuku is one of the most exciting entertainment spots in Tokyo, famous drinking streets such as Omoide Yokocho (Piss Alley) and Golden-Gai and you can learn about Japanese history and culture at Samurai Museum.
At your hotel in Tokyo
Tokyo has many sightseeing spots. You can select some of these wonderful places.
1. Asakusa - You can visit Senso-ji Temple famous for its main Kaminari-mon Gate ( Thunder Gate ), where a red huge lantern hangs. There is a shopping street called Nakamise Street, best place to buy traditional Japanese souvenirs and sweets. Also you can visit Asakusa Shrine just next to Senso-ji Temple. You can learn about temples and shrines, or Buddhism and Shinto there.
2. Tokyo Skytree - The tallest freestanding broadcasting tower in the world boasting 634 meters high. There are two observation decks located 350 and 450 meters above the ground.
3. Ueno Park - You can visit Shinobazu pond, Tokyo National Museum, Shitamachi Museum, Ueno Toshogu Shrine and Ameyoko Shopping Streets where you can buy anything you want.
4. Akihabara - Famous for many shops offering electrical equipment and manga, anime-related subculture goods, also animal cafes, such as cat, owl, hedgehog and more.
5. Ginza - Here is a shopping district lined with luxury boutiques and latest fashion shops as well as casual fast fashion stores.
6. Tsukiji Outer Market - Here is just next to (former) Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market (now located in Toyosu) which is the largest market in Japan. You can find anything from foods such as fresh fish, fresh meats and vegetables, and dried foods, to food-related products such as knives and tableware. It's also a famous gourmet spot.
7. Imperial Palace - The Nijubashi Bridge in front of the main entrance is so famous. If you have much time and interests, also you can visit East Gardens of the Imperial Palace.
8. Shibuya - Famous for Shibuya scramble crossing in front of the Shibuya Station, Hachiko dog statue and fashionable buildings.
9. Meiji Jingu Shrine - Shinto shrine where the spirits of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken are enshrined. It was built in 1920. The sacred forest was created by the plantation of 100,000 trees donated from all over Japan. Here you can enjoy Japanese culture and nature.
10. Harajuku - Just next to Meiji Jingu Shrine, here is famous for Takeshita Dori Street which has a lot of shops of " Kawaii ( cute ) " fashion. Also you can visit KIDDY LAND ( toy store ) and Oriental Bazaar ( traditional Japanese souvenirs ).
11. Shinjuku - Japan's greatest entertainment district where tall buildings are lined up next to each other. You can visit Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatories ( Free of charge ), Kabukicho known as the town that never sleeps, Shinjuku Golden-gai ( 1950's nostalgic narrow drinking streets ) and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden famous for its cherry blossoms viewing.
12. And much more,
Ikebukuro, Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple, Koishikawa Korakuen Gardens, Rikugien Gardens, Roppongi, Odaiba, Yanaka, Shibamata and so on.
I can show you around some of these. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket ( 600 yen ), we can visit anywhere you want, as much as possible.
guide fee, hotel pick-up in Tokyo area, hotel drop-off in Tokyo area
transportation fee (you and guide), entrance fee (you and guide), lunch (you and guide)
notice : Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket is 600 yen per person
My tour is a walking tour using public transportation, mainly Tokyo Metro (Subway).
I don’t do the tour using an arranged car.
This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Please bring Japanese yen for souvenirs and Japanese sweets, some of touristy places don't have much credit card acceptances.
Please take care of your own valuables, some of places are always crowded.
As a group of eight friends we had a full day tour to visit interesting places in Tokyo. Our guide Dai explained us many details about the city, the history and the specific visited locations.
Thank you so much for taking your precious time for writing a kind comment, Fritz. Danke schön !!! I had an amazing time with all of you. It was so much fun to talk with you and your wonderful friends. Please enjoy skiing in Furano ! Thanks a million !!!
We (family of 5 with grown up kids) visited Tokyo to celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary. Dai took us around for 2 days and how much ever I appreciate him will still not be enough. My kids (who are hard to please) were very happy with him. He is knowledgeable, patient, humble and polite. He planned our days perfectly, showed us all important places and made sure he took us to the stores/places we requested. We told him our interest for food and he took us to he best places. My wife is vegetarian, he had looked up and suggested various vegan places for her to eat. We are very happy with his service and I highly recommend him.
Thank you so much for giving me such a thoughtful review, Sangeet. It was a great pleasure for me to show you guys around Tokyo for two days. it was super nice talking to you guys and I also had wonderful two days with your amazing family. I believe you guys especially your charming wife enjoyed shopping in Tokyo. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your wonderful family. Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary !!! Thanks a million !!!
Dai was very helpful upon our arrival. He met us at the airport, assisted with JR rail pass, helped us navigate to our lodging, and showed us some highlights in the area.
Thank you so much for a kind review, Andrea. It was nice talking to you and I had a good time together. I believe you could enjoy staying in Hiroshima and Kyoto as well. Please take care of yourself and give my best regards to your wonderful family. Thanks a million !!!
I'm really grateful to have been able to spend a day with Dai. Our family was a little complex with a 9 year old intellectually disabled child who struggled with almost everything. Dai was patient and understood the complexity he was dealing with after meeting us. He changed things up on the go, stopped at odd stations so we could quickly grab food, slowed things down so we could catch up on our jetlag and just took really good care of us. Throughout the day we had a really thorough guide through the Shitenoji temple and Nakamise Shopping centre, Akihabara district and the Shinjuku Samurai Museum. We got a thorough understanding of the train network, JR and the multiple private lines, metro and others. We also had the most delicious lunch that was so well priced. Really great day, 10/10! I would wholeheartedly recommend Dai to anyone looking at coming to Tokyo. Also, to note, you will be doing a tonne of walking, so wear comfy shoes :)
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write such a wonderful review, Jacqueline. It was absolutely my great pleasure to show you guys around Tokyo. I’m so glad to hear that you could enjoy my tour and was so happy to be able to see you guys enjoyed lunch in Asakusa. I hope you will enjoy the rest of your days in Tokyo and have a wonderful time in Osaka and Kyoto as well. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your Super Awesome Family. Thanks a million !!! Cheers !!!