The tour starts at major train stations as Tokyo, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ikebukuro or others whichever is the closest to your hotel.
Lunch on top of Mt. Takao from which you can enjoy good view of Tokyo metropolis and Mt. Fuji in the distant west if the weather
is good. Just as an example you can take JR Tokyo Station to Keio Takaosan-guchi station in approx. 70 minutes at Yen 1,050.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
At your hotel in Tokyo
Panoramic view of surrounding mountains in Okutama area, Yakuoin Temple. Mt. Takao which is a low altitude mountain, about 600m high. So Mt. Takao is good for holiday trekking or mountaineering for any type of visitors. You can reach there from the center of Tokyo(Tokyo Station) in about 70 minutes by train at Yen 1,050!.
Lunch on the summit of Mr. Takao, Onsen at the foot of the mountain near the train station, Takaosanguchi.
What I recommend to the visitors most at Mt. Takao is its scenic beauty along the trail in each season.
At your hotel in Tokyo
* You can enjoy and relax in mountainous area by trekking and cable-car ride in a low altitude mountain.
* Also you can visit one of the oldest mountain temple in Tokyo area, Yakuohin Temple.
* Cherry blossom in early spring
* Fresh young leafs in May or early summer
* Autumn foliage of read and yellow
* Serene and clear air along the trail to the top of the mountain in winter
* Snow capped Mt. Fuji from the mountain top on a clear crisp winter day.
guide fee, hotel pickup
1) Transportation fee such as train ticket. -- Ex. Yen 1,050 from Tokyo Station to Takao-san Guchi Station.
2) Cable Car -- One-way Yen 470, Round-trip Yen 900(Adult), One-way Yen 230, Round-trip Yen 450(Kid)
3) Lunch on the top of Mr. Takao -- we bring with us some light meals and cook there! Cup noodles, Yakisobas or sausages.
* It is ideal to wear good hiking or trekking shoes but sneakers with thick sole may be OK.
* A day-pack in which you want to have some snacks, sandwiches, drink bottle, change cloths etc.
* Cap or hat
* A pair of globes(in winter)
* Since this is a trekking or mountaineering weather condition really matter. When it rains or snows we need to cancel the tour.
* The view along the trail or at the top of Mt. Takao depends on weather.