Mt. Fuji is known worldwide as a mountain brimming with natural beauty. Besides this, Mt. Fuji is also a sacred mountain that has been revered and admired since ancient times. It is the symbolic object of nature worship which has taken root in Japan.This tour gives you a great opportunity to feel the essence of Mt. Fuji worship by tracing the footsteps of its pilgrims.
Feel free to personalize this offer with Tomomi.
- Meet at Mt. Fuji station
- [Mt. Fuji worship] Its origin dates back to the ancient times when Mt. Fuji erupted furiously. People at that time did believe that fierce eruptions were caused by the anger of the deity of Mt. Fuji. Since then, Mt. Fuji has been worshipped as a sacred mountain.
- This tour features three key places deeply linked to Mt. Fuji worship.
- The district used to be prosperous as the gateway of Pilgrimage to Mt. Fuji
- Stroll through the district and visit the museum and the shrine designated as the cultural assets of Mt. Fuji World Cultural Heritage
- This lodging has a history of 250 years and used to offer accommodations to Mt. Fuji pilgrims. The owner, who also worked as a Shinto priest, preached the teachings of Mt. Fuji worship to pilgrims who came there.
- Enjoy the local specialty: Yoshida Udon Noodles
Their firm and chewy texture may surprise you!
- The shrine in the dense woods has the history of over 1900 years. Dedicated to the deity of Mt. Fuji, it used to be the gateway to Mt. Fuji pilgrimage. Pilgrims visited there to purify themselves and pray for their safe pilgrimage to Mt. Fuji. The 1000-year-old sacred trees and the magnificent buildings in Shinto-style architecture have created the solemn and serene atmosphere.
- Take a taxi for Funatsu Lava Tree Molds
＊Taxi fare is included in the tour charge. (Approximately 15-minute traveling)
- This spot used to be a sacred place for Mt. Fuji pilgrims. The lava tree molds resemble the interior of a human body. The deepest part, especially, looks like a “Mother womb”. Mt. Fuji Pilgrims, having entered there, wished for a symbolic rebirth.
- Enter the lava tree molds and stroll through the woods nearby. The forest is quite distinctive in that it has grown on the lava-covered ground. It would be a great opportunity for you to be exposed to beautiful nature created by Mt. Fuji.
- Go back to Mt. Fuji station by taxi
＊Taxi fare is included in the tour charge. (Approximately 20-minute traveling)
Guide fee, Taxi fare: About 6,000jpy and admission fees
The tour is not available on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The expenses for the guide’s transportation and lunch are to be charged to you. Thank you for your understanding
＊ As some parts of the lava tree molds are narrow and rough, those who have Claustrophobia should not enter. People with their back or knees problems will not be able to enter the deepest part called “Mother's womb”.
＊ Wear comfortable shoes for a walk. Sneakers would be preferable especially for a forest hike and a cave-exploring.
＊ Highway bus service between Tokyo (Shinjuku) and Mt. Fuji Station is available. A booking for round-trip tickets is highly recommended in advance as highway bus tickets for Tokyo (Shinjuku) are booked up quickly.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from GoWithGuide.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
The one day tour around the Aokigahara Forest (including the Wind and Ice cave) was amazing. The beauty of the place is unique. Regarding Tomomi, she was such a nice and helpful. All the explanations provided by Tomomi during the tour made the experience really interesting and wonderful. Highly recommend. Tomomi, thank you for the tour!
Tomomi was great! Our trip to the Aokigahara Forest, Wind cave, and Ice cave was pure magic! She explained us a lot of details about those places who give us the necessary insight to fully understand the traditions and customs of the zone. Our trip consisted ona trip arround the caves arround the Jukai, then some hiking into the forrest and at the end we visited the Saiko Lake. She is a very kind person with lot of patiance to share all the knowledge that she has with the people arround her. Kudos to Tomomi!
Thank you so much for your great review. It was a great pleasure for me to share part of your precious time with you, and I just felt happy that you guys chose Japan for your honeymoon. The cool and crisp air spread over the forest was so refreshing that we could recharge ourselves. Hope you will come visit the forest again in the season of fresh greenery which is the best time to explore there. Thank you very much for giving me a lot of happiness!
This is a review from our visit in late Nov. 2019. We were traveling with our 2 young kids (3&6 y/o). Even though the weather that day was not very cooperative, and we could not see Mt. Fuji but just having spent time with Tomomi was enough for us. She was very considerate and kind with us and our children. She is extremely honest and when we changed some timing of the tour to reduce time in cold with kids, she was very meticulous in making sure that we get out refund for that time. Thank you Tomomi. We highly recommend her to anyone visiting Mt. Fuji area.
Thank you for your warm words which are really encouraging. I’m very pleased to have shown you around the Mt. Fuji area full of the beautiful autumn colors. It was a lot of fun my chatting with your little kids. They were so friendly and adorable that I miss them now. Hope your family photos with the colorful leaves in the background remind you of the memories you had during the tour. Thank you very much again for hiring me. You all were pleasures to be with!
Tomomi is just great. She’s not only perfectly knowledgable - she was born and raised in the region - but she is just the nicest person we ever met. Very flexible, very interesting, she’s a pleasure to be around. We were so happy to hire her, she took us to wonderful sites and we had the best day. Plus her English is perfect. Highly recommend her.
Thank you for your great review! When I met you at the hotel lobby. I felt like we were close friends as we’d got to know well each other by exchanging the messages. The time we were together was short, but enough to have the deep understanding of mutual culture and way of thinking derived from the different backgrounds. I was quite impressed with your son’s enthusiasm to learn the things about Japan! Hope he’ll come back to Japan for the further learning. I’m just happy to have accompanied you as your guide on the perfect day to appreciate Mt. Fuji. Arigato-Gozaimashita!
Tomomi-san is a wonderful guide! She is very knowledgeable about the area and went out of her way to make sure we got the most possible out of our day. 10/10 recommend. We will definitely hire her again if we revisit the area.
Thank you for your great review, Ryan san! The day you took the tour was quite chilly, but the beautiful Mt. Fuji and the clear blue sky welcomed your visit which happens just during the winter. Some parts of the trails in the forest were icy and slippery. However, it seemed you all enjoyed a short hike in the serene atmosphere. There was nothing like piping hot noodles we had for lunch after a hike on the freezing day! I had fun sharing a lot of things with you and felt happy to help you learn various aspects of Japan through the tour. Hope the tour around Mt. Fuji is one of the unforgettable memories you would have in Japan!