Visiting World Heritage Sites in Hiroshima. The Atomic Bomb Dome or the Hiroshima Peace Memorial is in the city center. Itsukushima or Miyajima is one of the three scenic locations in Japan and a sacred island since ancient times.
your hotel in Hiroshima/Miyajima, Train station in Hiroshima/Miyajima
your hotel in Hiroshima/Miyajima, Train station in Hiroshima/Miyajima, your favorite place
1. Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum & Park.
- An invaluable museum that is aiming to convey the reality of the damage incurred by an atomic bomb to people around the world, and to contribute to the abolition of nuclear weapons and the realization of everlasting world peace.
2. Itsukushima Shrine
- It is said that the shrine was established by Saeki-no-Kuramoto in the 6th century. There has a magnificent vermilion trii gate, which stands in the sea.
3. Daishoin Temple
- It was found in the 9th century by Kobo Daishi or Kukai, the founder of the Shingon school of Buddhism. The oldest temple in Miyajima.
4. Other shrines and temples
- Visiting small shrines and temples in Miyajima.
* Please note that we may skip some listed spots depending on the pace of the tour.
I also an official ‘A-bomb legacy successor’ designated by the City of Hiroshima. An A-bomb Legacy Successor is a memory keeper of the A-bomb survivors. To ensure that the A-bomb survivors' experiences and desires for peace are faithfully inherited and shared with as many people as possible, the City has started a three-year training program for official ‘A-bomb Legacy Successors.’ It is possible to include my lecture in my tour. It is appreciated that if you could let me know upon your booking.
Transportation fee (guide)
* Exclusive Taxi & Express train etc.
Transportation fee (you),
Entrance fee (for yourselves and your guide), etc…
* To enter the Peace Museum, we need to get 'Reservation Vouchers' on the tour day, and the numbers are limited. So there is a possibility that we might be unable to see the museum.
** Repairs of the Great Torii Gate began in June 2019, and the gate is covered with scaffolding. The repair is to be completed by the end of 2022.
*** Please prepare about JPY5,000/adult for your transportation fees, admission, meals etc...
Admission fee to;
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum: Adults (College students and up): 200 yen, High school students/Senior citizens (aged 65 years and over): 100 yen, Junior high school students and younger: Free
- Itsukushima Shrine: Adults:300 yen, High school students: 200 yen, Elementary/Junior High School Students: 100 yen
- JR: Hiroshima Station - (Miyajimaguchi Ferry Terminal) - Miyajima Island
Fee: Adult: 600 yen *Covered by your JR Railway Pass (approx 50 mins)
- Tram (Hiroden street car): Hiroshima City center - (Miyajimaguchi Ferry Terminal) - Miyajima Island (approx 70 mins)
Fee: Adult: 450 yen *For saving you can buy one day pass
- World Heritage Sea Route: Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park - Miyajima Island
Fee: Adult: 2,200 yen (Round trip: 4,000yen) (approx 45 mins)
* Please note that;
- we will use 'World Heritage Sea Route' to/from Hiroshima Peace Park.
- we may skip some listed spots depending on the pace of the tour.
Michiru designed a fantastic custom tour of Hiroshima’s historical sites for us. She focused on our interests, took us to dozens of different locations (big and small), answered questions and weaved in thoughtful details from survivor stories, as well as cultural and personal insights — all with great warmth and knowledge. She had excellent background material with her to supplement the exhibits but did not overwhelm us with Info, giving us time to experience the sites and reflect too. She was very kind, a pleasure to interact with and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her services to others.
Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time and we could cover many places in your interests. I hope you will return to my home town again to see the newly refurbished tori gate in Miyajima! Thank you once again for taking my tour! Domo Arigato!!
Michi created an itinerary that gave us first an overview and specific spots which were significant because they survived the bombing until today. Then she was able to better share the significance of the many things in the memorial park and museum. That made a difference in our understanding of the many stories of the bombing.
Paul & all, Thank you for choosing me as your guide in Hiroshima. Hiroshima is also called a ‘Phoenix’ city. The city has recovered from ashes, however in the city we can find many legacies of the a-bomb. I’m pleased you have touched some of them. After the renovation of the floating torii gate in Miyajima, please come back & enjoy the atmosphere of the island. Hope to see you again. With lots of Love, Michi
We had a great day with Michi learning about Hiroshima before, during & after the bomb. We also enjoyed seeing beautiful Miyajima and eating traditional food. We appreciated the recommendation to see the amazing traditional Kagura show in the evening.
Thank you Julie for giving me a wonderful review! Our culture has a deep connection with religions, and they are very melted into our life. So we accept anything what we like. Hope you enjoy rest of your stay and find more local attractions! With lots of Love, Michi
We greatly enjoyed our day trip with Michi visiting Miyajima island and Hiroshima. The communication with Michi was excellent from the very beginning. She is a very nice person and we are extremely happy with the trip that she tailored exactly as we asked her to do.
Thank you Boris for your review. I believe that you all will be back to Miyajima after the renovation to see the gate. Hope you have more time in Hiroshima next time. With Lots of Love, Michi