Discover Kyoto's most popular & memorable sites! This is a semi-tailored tour so you can choose a few spots from my recommendations in addition to two must-see sites. You'll also learn how to use public transportation system in Kyoto and tips for other points of interest that you're looking at for the rest of your days in Japan. This tour is good for first timers in Kyoto on the first day!
At JR Kyoto Station (or at your hotel with extra fee)
Arashiyama (bamboo forest & Tenryuji Temple zen garden @500 yen)
Choose one from: Kinkakuji Temple @400yen / Kitano Tenmangu Shirine & Kamishichiken / Nijo Castle @1000yen
Choose one from: Nishiki Market / Gion
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Option: Dinner at a local restaurant or izakaya for sake
Let's discover Kyoto's most popular & memorable sites with a local guide! In addition to 2 must-see sites, you can choose a few sports from my recommendations depending on your interest. You'll also learn how to use public transportation system in Kyoto and tips for other points of interest that you're looking at for the rest of your days in Japan.
If you'd like to experience a local dinner/drinking at a local bar together, you can extend the tour with a minimum fee and enjoy the night like a local!
This tour is good for first timers in Kyoto on the first day.
Guide fee, hotel meet-up in Kyoto and Osaka
Transportation fee (for you and guide, about 1,000-1,500 yen/person), lunch/dinner(for you and guide), entrance fee (licensed guide gets free admission at most temples & tourist spots)
Please note below before booking and contact me first for availability:
1. My schedule on GoWithGuide site is open for the next 3-month only. For further dates, please message me about my availability (multi-day tours only)
2. All my listed tours include hotel pick-up fee and guide fee. Please ask for quote for custom tours.
3. For tours in the peak season, I am currently prioritizing mult-day tour requests (at least two "full-day" tours per group), but also accept one-day request between the booked tours etc.
I can guide you in Okayama (including Naoshima and Kurashiki), Hiroshima (Onomichi, Shimanami islands cycling, Miyajima, etc.) and Shikoku (Iya valley etc.) if you pay for my transportation.
The above areas can be visited from Osaka/Kyoto in one or two days.
1. You will be walking a lot during the tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes and bring an umbrella or poncho in case of rain.
2. Transportation fee for the day will be 1,000-1,500 yen per person depending on your itinerary and hotel location. Lunch/dinner for you and guide is not included in the guiding fee. Credit cards cannot be used at ticket machines and many small restaurants, so please bring enough cash for the day.
3. Any other sites not mentioned in the list cannot be added to the tour. Please book a customized tour with me if you'd like to visit anywhere not listed.
4. Please let me know in advance if you'd like to extend the tour for a local dinner. I will take you to a local diner or izakaya unless you have a special request. Please also choose 9:30 or 10:00 for the start time and add "dinner extension".
5. When booking, please choose one spot from A and B. If not specified, I will choose based on your group's attribute and/or seasonality.
A: Kinkakuji (Golden Temple @400 yen), Kitano Tenmangu Shirine & Kamishichiken (Geisha district), or Nijo Castle (screen arts and garden @1,000yen)
B: Nishiki Market (food and souvenir street) or Gion (Geisha district & Kenninji temple)
My 12 yo son, sister and I had the pleasure of spending 2 days in Kyoto with Seiko this fall. We had an absolutely wonderful time! At first we were nervous about spending 2 full days with a "stranger" while on vacation. However, as soon as Seiko met us in the lobby of our hotel, we knew we had made an excellent choice. It felt like traveling with a friend! And at the end of our two days we were sad to say goodbye. It was an absolute treat to let Seiko be in charge while I relaxed and enjoyed our surroundings. No worrying about trains or schedules or where to go next. Seiko was relaxed, knowledgable, funny, super efficient in getting us to all our must see sites and has impeccable English. My 12 yo son enjoyed hanging out with her too! I will recommend Seiko to friends traveling to Japan, and will absolutely book with her when we return to Japan.
Seiko is a great city guide. She planned a perfect, tailor-made tour and also continuously adapted it to my wishes and opportunities that arose. For example, this weekend there was a ramen festival in the castle park. Seiko found out about it on TV that morning and spontaneously planned our tour so that we could have our lunch there. She is funny, can tell interesting stories and speaks very good English. I would travel with her again anytime.
Thanks Anita for your kind review! For me, it was just like having a great time walking around my favorite part of Osaka with my friend, rather than doing my job as your tour guide. The ramen event was special and lucky you were in Osaka that day! Hope you enjoyed other areas of Japan and see you again when you come back to Japan! Seiko
Seiko is a very professional and kind guide. We had a great day together. She explained to us a lot of interesting things about Kyoto and Japan. She is very easy-going persons, so it was a pleasure to spend a day in Kyoto with her. Her English is great, no problem at all. Hope to meet Seiko next time.
Thank you so much for your review and having me as your guide for 2 days. It's a bit challenging to guide and satisfy someone who's been to Japan for more than 10 times but was totally fun with you thanks to your patience and trusting my suggestions. I also learned new things from you! Hope I can see you again next time you come back to Japan! Seiko
Seiko has been very helpful for our trip. She planned well and our day trip went smoothly. She even writes down the places we should go for the rest of our trips, extremely nice and easy going person. Highly recommended
Thank you for your kind review and booking me as your tour guide! It was very nice to spend a day with you and your lovely family. I appreciate how patient and flexible you all were for the day which helped me conduct the tour smoothly. Hope you have a great time for the rest of your trip in Kansai and feel free to let me know if you need any help during your stay! Seiko