Aokigahara is a tranquil yet mysterious forest. Embark on this educational day tour to Japan’s suicide forest. Learn about mental health, it’s stigma, and suicide. This tour will help you take a brave step towards educating yourself about suicide and why these issues still need to be addressed in Japan. Understand the steps that lead to such mental illness and learn ways to be more compassionate towards others as you enjoy the serene Saiko Lake and breathtaking view of Mount Fuji.
Check out what we are going to do.
Feel free to personalize this offer.
Shinjuku Station (Odakyu Shinjuku West Exit)
8:30 am - Meet up at the Shinjuku Odakyu West Exit.
8:55 am - Take the bus from Shinjuku Bus Terminal to Kawaguchiko station (2 hours).
10:55 am - Arrive at Kawaguchiko station and enjoy a short break.
11:30 am - Take the local bus to the Saiko-Aokigahara forest (30 mins).
12:00 noon - Enter Aokigahara Forest. Learn about mental health and suicide in Japan. Learn about the geography, flora, and fauna of Aokigahara.
1:00 pm - Lunch break.
2:00 pm - Write a message on wooden boards and hang them deep in the forest.
3:00 pm - Head towards Saiko Lake and enjoy a beautiful view of Mt.Fuji.
3:42 pm - Take the bus back to the Kawaguchiko station (30 mins).
5:10 pm - Take the bus to Shinjuku station (2 hours).
7:00 pm - End of tour.
Shinjuku Station (Shinjuku Bus Terminal)
- Discover the beauty of Aokigahara forest.
- Learn about the history and natural formation of the forest.
- Write messages on wood boards and hang them in the forest, so that if someone decides to go there, they may come across your message and consider their actions.
- Enjoy a beautiful view of Mt.Fuji across Lake Saiko
- Guide fee
- Message boards
- Transportation - Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko station: 2,000 yen/person (one way)
- Transportation - Kawaguchiko station to Saiko-Aokigahara forest: 1,500 yen/person (round trip)
- Wear appropriate footwear and thick socks.
- Be emotionally prepared as you may have life changing emotional experience
A week before in order for me to book a bus and secure a seat for you.
Round trip is 4,000 yen per person ( 2,000 yen one way )
1,500 yen per person